cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Choice Hotels Card by Barclay... How long should I wait!?

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: I want a Choice Hotels Card by Barclay... How long should I wait!?

I think getting 4-5 good months of usage and payment history, along with prepping yourself for a recon marathon run like no other - should get you your card of choice(no pun).

☮ & ❤
Message 11 of 16
jim44
Established Contributor

CA,  I've had Barclay rewards for a little over two years and have received two auto CLI's with them. I've been a Choice Privledges (hotels) member since '01 and decided to try for a CP Visa because of their extra points system when using the card. I was approved.... but not for the Visa siggy so far I found it's the same reward points as a siggy cardholder. However my CL is $250!!!! Booking a room in Chicago with  tax I could only reserve two nights with them so I paid in advance, paid off the card and used it again so on and so on. I tried to do a CLI recon right away with Barclay and was denied until of course the 6 month min is past. 

Have to say that I think Choice Priviledges has the best reward system, I've already had enough for 8 free nights... one in NYC.  JMHO though.

Good luck, you'll enjoy the card.

Message 12 of 16
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Jim, why don't you call the credit analyst line and ask them to move over some of the CL from your Barclay rewards card? I've moved funds around twice with them already, no questions asked. I can't imagine booking a night or two in a hotel and worrying about maxing out. Definitely worth your time to try. My apologies for swaying the conversation a bit here.

Barclays: 866-408-4064

☮ & ❤
Message 13 of 16
jim44
Established Contributor

I didn't realize you could do this.  Thanks for the advice and the number. 

Message 14 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Didnt even occur to me that you could take some of the current cards CL and transfer it with Barclay...But won't CA run into issues with the card being so new.. or because he wants a new card with some of his tl transferred to the new card, there won't be an issue...? Only common thing I see on these threads is Barclay can be a bit of a stickler for the 6mo "rule" at least with the first card.. Can always ask for a CLI on the card he "borrowed" the TL to get them to issue the card with down the road if they will let him do it.

-J

Message 15 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I waited 4-5 I think before I got the Sallie Mae after my Arrival.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.