I want a Citi Card

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: I want a Citi Card

@FinStar wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

What are the popular Citi cards? Smiley Surprised

Are you planning on submitting an app for an unplanned card DigitalArk?  Smiley Wink

Haha...Smiley LOLSmiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

No, In about June 2014 I want to apply.

Provided utilization stays in check (not incremental) and no other new accounts/inquiries, then you can give it a try by June.  Check Citi's website since their offers tend to change frequently.  By then, most of your inquiries should have aged considerably OP.

Message 12 of 17
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Would like to get a Citibank card also.  Have gotten a lot of new credit over the past year including credit cards and store credit cards.  20-25 inquiries in the CRA's .  Last approval was for a total rewards visa on 12/20/13.  Utilization is 12-15%.  Would I have a chance with Citi after 6 months

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ecxpa wrote:

Would like to get a Citibank card also.  Have gotten a lot of new credit over the past year including credit cards and store credit cards.  20-25 inquiries in the CRA's .  Last approval was for a total rewards visa on 12/20/13.  Utilization is 12-15%.  Would I have a chance with Citi after 6 months

If your last app/approval was just 2 days ago, and you have an excessive number of inquiries, more like 8-12 months.  You need to let those new accounts and inquiries age off (no more inquiries/apps).  All things considered, Citi is well known for inquiries or the number of recently opened tradelines.  IMO, monitor your scores and inquires are in about 8 months or so and you can try at that point.

Message 14 of 17
hot4u
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Would like to get a Citibank card also.  Have gotten a lot of new credit over the past year including credit cards and store credit cards.  20-25 inquiries in the CRA's .  Last approval was for a total rewards visa on 12/20/13.  Utilization is 12-15%.  Would I have a chance with Citi after 6 months

If your last app/approval was just 2 days ago, and you have an excessive number of inquiries, more like 8-12 months.  You need to let those new accounts and inquiries age off (no more inquiries/apps).  All things considered, Citi is well known for inquiries or the number of recently opened tradelines.  IMO, monitor your scores and inquires are in about 8 months or so and you can try at that point.

+1

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 15 of 17
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have a long credit history. I have two CO and one Collection all paid, about 4 years old. What are the chances of me getting a Citi card? I have a FICO '08 EX about 700.

It really depends on a lot of factors OP.  What is your AAoA and oldest account?  Citi can also pull EQ as well.  How many inquiries in either EX or EQ in the last 6-12 months?  What is your overall utilization?  How about any recently opened tradelines...in the last 6-12 months?

AAoA = 3.5 years

INQ's on EX = 2 in 6 months, 7 total.

INQ's on EQ = 1 in 6 mouths, 22 total "A lot from ID theft"

UTIL about 6 to 8%.

New accounts 1 in June CC, 1 in June PLOC.

Those INQ from ID theft should be easily deleted. Have you already contacted law enforcement and EQ ?

Message 16 of 17
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Here is the checklist I follow before I apply for anything: 

- Length of Credit History

- Baddies on Credit RP 

- Utlization %

- # of Inquires

- Income

If all of these look good, then you good to go.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.