Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Hooters Card Bad!!!

tag
theboy
Valued Member

I want a Hooters Card Bad!!!

I live in Maryland Anybody know which credit bureau they pull from in maryland my Transunion score is 651 via myfico EX? Equifax-No score yet In what limit should i get with a 651 score no baddies 1 cc-4months old in 1 paid verizon account that the only thing on my report.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I want a Hooters Card Bad!!!

Different banks pull from different reports.  Some pull one, others pull 2.  You're not actually applying with Hooters...you're applying with the bank that backs them.

Doing a quick check...seems Hooters is backed by Merrick bank & pulls TU quite often in MD.  They wewre approving high 5's to mid 6's in late 07...to mid 08.

Might be worth a try

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 27
theboy
Valued Member

Thanks!!!
Message 3 of 27
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Why do you want the Hooters card?  Have you checked rates & such with other cards/lenders?? 

Or is it simply because it's a Hooters card?

Message 4 of 27
theboy
Valued Member

I eat there alot...
Message 5 of 27
jkfaria
Valued Member

I agree with B-Mo, give it a shot! 

I got mine in 2007 with scores lower than yours.

Hooters was first card this year to give a CLI - $200,

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 6 of 27
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@theboy wrote:
I eat there alot...

That may be so...but does a hooters card give you meal discounts???

I'm just saying...weigh out your options.   For instance, do you have a checking acct history with a local bank?  They are likely to give you a better card & a better deal.  Don't go for hooters, simply because the card looks "cool".

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-19-2009 09:04 AM
Message 7 of 27
theboy
Valued Member

Not sure but i love the food anybody know what kind of limit i would get with my score?
Message 8 of 27
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Just an observation...if I'm wrong...I'm wrong.

Your screen name reveals a lot.  You want the card because it will look cool to your friends.  There's no other reason that you want it "bad".  It's not like they offered you a low int rate.  You like the food, but can pay cash.

We have all been young, and made bad credit choices and are trying to clean up our messes.  If I had access to a forum like this when I was in my 20's, I'd have AMAZING credit history.  You don't know how lucky you are to have this wealth of information at your fingertips.  If you get that card simply because it's a "Hooters" card...mark my words...you'll be back in 3 years asking for help to get the CO off your reports.

I've been on this forum for a while now.  I love to help people with the rut they're in....because I've been there.  But someone who wants a certain card as a "show off" to their buddies....that's a shame.  There are a ton of folks out here who wish they had the clean slate you're destined to muck up. 

Harsh?  YES  Honest...most definitely.

That's all I'm saying on the topic.  MODS...forgive me if I'm out of line, but I feel this forum is here to Help people.

Message 9 of 27
theboy
Valued Member

Yes, I may be young. probably one of the youngest person on this forum. Just because i'm young doesn't mean i'm careless. I've been reading these forums since march and took my credit score from a 564-651 transunion in less than 4 months. I like reading the topics people post, because its educational and keeps me in line when it comes to my credit. Getting a credit card to impress my friends is actually a waste of my time......I'll do that when I buy my first house with my AMAZING credit. I only inquired about a hooters card because I like to eat there and go there alot. And as for my SN theboy: is actually in reference to my son.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.