Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a QVC card...so bad....

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I want a QVC card...so bad....

So I said after I got my NFCU cc I would not app again. But....I...I..I...they have some tremendous specials upcoming and I really want a card (not to mention the extra $$ for utilization). I already have a walmart with GE, what are the chances of approval?? Pretty easy to get?

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: I want a QVC card...so bad....

With your scores, probably pretty decent, but that card carries an astronomical rate (24.99 IIRC). I wouldn't get it unless you plan to PIF.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

24.99???? what the....thanks for the info!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 11
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

May i suggest either Chase Freedm or Discover More.  Both have introductory 0% interest and 5% cash back going through their respective online stores for QVC.  I agree, QVC card not worth it no benefits and high APR.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

24.99???? what the....thanks for the info!

yw. I don't have the card, so i can't speak from experience, but every disclosure that I could find about it indicated the same ~24% rate. If they offer deferred interest on purchases (virtually every GERCB card seems to) or you have the ability to pay in full, it might not be a bad deal.

I have a Target Redcard for the same reason - 5% discount. I don't even treat it like a credit card. I treat it like a discount card. I pay at the register with the Redcard to get the 5% discount, then walk over to customer service and immediately pay it off. I'm just not paying somebody that sort of usurious rate.

The best part? With my scores, credit report and $335k in income, Target approved me for (wait for it ...) $500. I almost broke down laughing then and there.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Stay away from that card, I agree with others about chase or discover. No reward structure is useless.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

yw. I don't have the card, so i can't speak from experience, but every disclosure that I could find about it indicated the same ~24% rate. If they offer deferred interest on purchases (virtually every GERCB card seems to) or you have the ability to pay in full, it might not be a bad deal.

I have a Target Redcard for the same reason - 5% discount. I don't even treat it like a credit card. I treat it like a discount card. I pay at the register with the Redcard to get the 5% discount, then walk over to customer service and immediately pay it off. I'm just not paying somebody that sort of usurious rate.

The best part? With my scores, credit report and $335k in income, Target approved me for (wait for it ...) $500. I almost broke down laughing then and there.

If you're going to the trouble of paying it every time you visit, just get the debit card instead. It starts with an internal limit of around $300, but it gets higher as you use it.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card, and yes the APR is 24.99. I've used it twice and made sure my purchases were under $100 each time.

Message 8 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

LOL, that is a good one. If not for the 5%, I would have burned the application in the store. So if someone makes 33.5k a year, the starting limit would be 50 Dollar ... unbelievable ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 9 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

If you're going to the trouble of paying it every time you visit, just get the debit card instead. It starts with an internal limit of around $300, but it gets higher as you use it.

Their debit card is linked directly to your checking account and pulls money from that when you make purchases. No thanks. It's no trouble to walk 10 feet to the service desk.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.