Valued Member
oshoair

I want a new credit card with good benefits and longest 0%APR offer

Hello,

I have really learned a lot from this wonderful forum and awesome people here sharing their stories and experiences. My FICO score is currently 716 and I have 4 credit cards, 2 CITI, 1 Chase, 1 BoA AMEX and unfortunately, I recently had a lump sum of debt that will take some time for me to pay especially with low income and everyday shopping each month (groceries, bills, .. etc). I get lots of pre-approved offers from Discover More, Capital One and AMEX Premiere cards (not applicable to current situation) and I was thinking of applying for a fifth card with 0% APR on purchases for 12 - 15 months that will help me pay the current debt on other cards while reducing my stress on everyday purchases. I have a pre-approved offer for a 0%APR offer for 12 months from Wells Fargo but I do not see lots of advantages in this card that makes me tempted other than the 0%APR. If you agree with my idea of opening a fifth card, please let me know what is your recommendation for a card with good privileges and 0%APR for 12 - 15 month (if I have the luxury, I would love to have something with a minimum of 1% cashback on everyday purchases and I also need a high credit limit to cover me for this long time).

Please, help me with that.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: I want a new credit card with good benefits and longest 0%APR offer

Citi is currently offering 18 months at 0% for BT on the platinum select, I would suggest that if your just trying to get help with paying debt off faster.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Member
oshoair

Creditaddict wrote:

Citi is currently offering 18 months at 0% for BT on the platinum select, I would suggest that if your just trying to get help with paying debt off faster.

Thanks for your advice. The problem is that balance transfer has a 3% fees and I do not want to pay that. I already have many balance transfer offers on my current cards but the fees kill it. Also, I already have 2 cards from Citi and I think it would not be nice to have a third. Any other ideas? I do not see people jumping on the question as usual.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

oshoair wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Thanks for your advice. The problem is that balance transfer has a 3% fees and I do not want to pay that. I already have many balance transfer offers on my current cards but the fees kill it. Also, I already have 2 cards from Citi and I think it would not be nice to have a third. Any other ideas? I do not see people jumping on the question as usual.

A CU may offer BT without a fee, but most cards are going to include a fee, but I would be surprised that even at 3% 18 months would more than pay for that fee... How much are spending on interest each month right now?

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}