Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want an AMEX CHARGE CARD!!!

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: I want an AMEX CHARGE CARD!!!

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

I really want an AMEX charge card, either green or PRG. It would make sense for me to get one because I currently use my NFCU card to pay my monthly expenses(minus rent) which comes to about $1200/mo. Looking to see if I should pull the trigger or wait it out till the end of the year to apply. Here are my vitals:

3 total SL in rehab(5 TLs), rehabbing since January...$8000

HSBC CO(currently disputing b/c acct was fraudulently open in my name)

LVNV(just had removed...tied to HSBC acct)...$1175

First Premier CO....PIF jan 2008...have read impossible to GW to delete

NFCU auto loan...$3700, opened 4/13

Current accts all in good standing, no baddies, missed payments since military star card was opened in Feb 2010

@Anonymous @ 4%. The only issue I think I might run into is that my NFCU card was opened last month, along the auto loan listed above.  I know they pull experian, but no way for sure to truly know what my score is be it that one I have is a FAKO. What are you thoughts on how I should proceed?

Your AAoA may be a bit low...I'd garden a bit just to be sure. Good luck!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 27
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the advice. I know both in my heart and mind it's better to hold off till the end of the year to app for anything else. My revolvers will have aged some, and hopefully my SL TLs will be reset back to 2006 with positive payment history, which would do wonders for my AAoA. I knew that's what I wanted to do, but it's just good to hear it from folks who've been there, done it. Thanks!!
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 12 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

CreditJunkie917 wrote:  I really want an AMEX charge card... 

IMHO the best Amex charge card is the Unicorn Card.  You won't qualify; I don't think I've come across anyone who has received one recently... but it has no limit, and the AF is only 25 dollars.

That's the only AF card that I have, and I figure it's a pretty good value for an open-ended charge line.  Plus the looks people give you when you pull out a rare all-white Amex are enjoyable...

Message 13 of 27
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

CreditJunkie917 wrote:  I really want an AMEX charge card... 

IMHO the best Amex charge card is the Unicorn Card.  You won't qualify; I don't think I've come across anyone who has received one recently... but it has no limit, and the AF is only 25 dollars.

That's the only AF card that I have, and I figure it's a pretty good value for an open-ended charge line.  Plus the looks people give you when you pull out a rare all-white Amex are enjoyable...

The unicorn card AKA Zync was discontinued a few months ago, you can no longer AP for it, most of its rewards packages have been canceled and fees refunded. It was the best AMEX card for anyone that didn't spend over a $2000 a month on AMEX.

You can keep your current card, but its rewards are only 1 cent per dollar spent. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 14 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

jamesdwi wrote:  The unicorn card ... you can no longer AP for it...You can keep your current card, but its rewards are only 1 cent per dollar spent. 

Yeah, I know.  I put most of my rewards spending though the Freedom, and I also get a 1.5% on my Cap1.  But it's nice to have a charge in the mix for certain situations.  Plus there's the bling factor,

Message 15 of 27
kmkotas

I have the Gold. So far not all its cracked up to be. It's super sparkly and pretty to look at though lol Smiley Happy. I have a feeling I'll be using my Sapphire Preferred way more when it arrives. You could always apply for the Zinc?
1st Financial Bank USA Mastercard (2007) $1,900.00
Chase Sapphire Preferred (2008) $16,000
American Express Gold (April 2013) NPSL
Discover It (April 2013) $5,000
**Experian 765, Equifax 782, TU 787**
Message 16 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

@kmkotas wrote:
I have the Gold. So far not all its cracked up to be. It's super sparkly and pretty to look at though lol Smiley Happy. I have a feeling I'll be using my Sapphire Preferred way more when it arrives. You could always apply for the Zinc?

Oh, you want a zync?

Message 17 of 27
kmkotas

Not interested in getting a Zync, but the annual fee is much lower than my Gold card.
Message 18 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

kmkotas wrote:  Not interested in getting a Zync...

Message 19 of 27
kmkotas

Ummm.... Ok?! Lol!
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.