Valued Contributor

Re: I want an AMEX CHARGE CARD!!!

@kmkotas wrote:
Ummm.... Ok?! Lol!

heh heh

Message 22 of 27
kmkotas

09Lexie, not sure lol. I def wouldn't have been able to spend the 30k for the sign up bonus points. Maybe I'll upgrade in a year?
1st Financial Bank USA Mastercard (2007) $1,900.00
Chase Sapphire Preferred (2008) $16,000
American Express Gold (April 2013) NPSL
Discover It (April 2013) $5,000
**Experian 765, Equifax 782, TU 787**
Message 23 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kmkotas

Just curious, IMO the rewards for the PRG are better. Plus the AF is waived for the first year.
Message 24 of 27
TM82
Regular Contributor

You don't need to spend 30k for the sign up bonus, the sign up bonus is usually 1k. 30k is for the annual kicker for bonus points.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 25 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@kmkotas

Any reason you went for Gold and not PRG?

+1. Why would anyone want the gold? It's Amex's worst charge card product by a huge margin.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditScholar

Took the words right out of my mouth! Lol
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.