Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want an AMEX Green. But why????

tag
rushx2112
New Contributor

Re: I want an AMEX Green. But why????

@528491 wrote:

You should wait and see if they bring back the Zync. It's the best looking Amex IMO, and if you have to have a charge card, it's the cheapest out there.

Costco one is pretty nice looking if you ask me!

Message 11 of 95
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Is Zync coming back?   Anyways,  I've applied for the Delta Gold last week and instantly got denied, followed by apping for Green.  I should've apped for the Green first, then the Delta.  I'm going to push my luck in 3 months once my new cards age a bit.  I just love the look of the Green card though, you can't beat the classy look to it

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Omg, I would loveee to have a Zync! If it were a choice I'd already have it! Ahhhhh! I don't really travel a lot, maybe one or twice a year. I have no issue PIF, I prefer to! And I just can't get over the classy sexy look and prestige of the AMEX charge cards but with the AF ahhh I'm not sure about that! I just don't see me spending enough plus ill still use the Freedom and Discover for the categories and most certainly my BCE for groceries and gas. It'll pretty much be a card I pay an annual fee for just to say I have it. Which isn't smart! Haha!!
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 13 of 95
Exonumist
Established Contributor

While I love having a charge card and I love the way the Green looks, I'm canceling it next month when the AF hits. I just don't spend enough on it to justify the AF. If you really want a charge card go with the PRG. 

Message 14 of 95
Contributor

It's mostly speculation, but there are rumors floating around that the Zync will be brought back soon. The best part is that it pays for itself on Small Business Saturday ($25 credit), so the AF is effectively zero. 

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 15 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I like that Zync! I'm goin to have to do some more research on that!
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 16 of 95
leoment
Frequent Contributor

You want one because Amex has succeeded in building it's name/prestige.  I did the same with the Gold PRG - apped, got it, loved it for a while, then realized it matched neither my income nor spending patterns.

It's a great card to have, but if you know from the jump it doesn't match your lifestyle, save yourself the HP.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 17 of 95
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:
I keep looking at the green card but I don't even know why! Just to have it I guess! Status wise and I like the look! I'd probably never use it and the perks seem like those which I'd never be able to take advantage of! On top of all that I'm not too fond of annual fees since I don't really spend enough to make it worth it! So what keeps attracting me to this card? Oh, btw, I hate the garden. Its not for me....

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the look of the Amex Green. I had it, and since it was my first amex, I loved it. But after a while, it just got old to me. So I upgraded to the Gold...lol And I actually love the look of the gold. The Green, to me, looked like it was just a little toy. I don't know why, but it just reminded me of a little toy card...lol.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 18 of 95
zeusta20
Established Contributor

the BCE HOWEVER, Is one card i'm very fond of...Not necessarily on the look of it, but mainly because I'm looking to get my foot in the door with Amex revolvers.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 19 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Yeah, for now my BCE is definitely my go to card.  I use it for everything I can!  The Freedom and Discover are used strictly for category related purchases.  Everything else goes on the BCE. 

Message 20 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.