Did you mean: 

I want an AMEX Green. But why????

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Re: I want an AMEX Green. But why????

@09Lexie wrote:
@QueenBeeOC

@Anonymous @ baller status. I never felt that way but I will think about it next time I check in. Smiley LOL

That Amex ain't no cap1? IMO

I hate this waiting game of gardening.. but its for the best. And my DH and I <3 costco and we totally need a AMEX for that!

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 31 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Haha I agree! I'd feel like such a boss pulling out any AMEX charge card! Ahhh wow! I can see myself now!
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 32 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Omg hahah now you guys make me want a PRG! I mean really, if I PIF already, isn't $175 a year worth it for a young 21 year old like myself just to be able to pull out a Gold at the golf course or tropical smoothie!? Hahahahaha I vote yes!!
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 33 of 95
enharu
Super Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:
Omg hahah now you guys make me want a PRG! I mean really, if I PIF already, isn't $175 a year worth it for a young 21 year old like myself just to be able to pull out a Gold at the golf course or tropical smoothie!? Hahahahaha I vote yes!!

If you can spend a lot on that card, definitely go for it.

It's a nice card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

I definitely don't spend enough! If State Farm accepted AMEX itd help but even still, I could only run maybe $800 a month through the thing! That's why I avoid AF cards, they're just not worth it for me.
Message 35 of 95
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's amazing how quick it adds up. I use it for all non rotating category charges. Since, Chase and Discover are doing gas this qrtr- Amex gets everything else.
Message 36 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

I mean that's exactly what I do now for my BCE! I use it for verizon bill which is $200 a month plus everything else that isn't category covered by Chase and Discover. Do you think itd be worth it for me? How much do I really need to spend to make it worth the $175? I think itd be hard to make the $2000 in 3 months comfortably for the bonus but maybe I could.
Message 37 of 95
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:
I mean that's exactly what I do now for my BCE! I use it for verizon bill which is $200 a month plus everything else that isn't category covered by Chase and Discover. Do you think itd be worth it for me? How much do I really need to spend to make it worth the $175? I think itd be hard to make the $2000 in 3 months comfortably for the bonus but maybe I could.

It depends what your goals are.   If you really want the card for some status (which to my mind is non-existent but opinions differ!) and that's worth $175, then sure, go for it.  A lot of people do this for other cards (Amex Plat, CSP) where the actual benefits aren't there given spending but other factors make it worth it.

For benefits, if $2000 in 3 months is a slight stretch, this card won't be the most rewarding (add something like Barclays Rewards to get 2% on the Verizon bill for no AF for example).  But again, if it gives you enough satisfaction, $175 is cheap compared to some alternatives!

Message 38 of 95
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Ahhhhh, I just don't know! What a decision! I would feel pretty beast swipin that thing! I'd pretty much SD the BCE but I still don't know that itd be worth payin the annual fee when I'm currently not. My main spending is gas and bills and my only bill that accepts AMEX is Verizon. When either Chase or Discover has 5% gas ill almost certainly use those yeah? Or are the MR points more valuable than the 5%? But yeah for me right now, putting $2000 on one card in 3 months that I can use for all bills will be tough since the others have to be paid somehow. And I can't just go buy somethin I want because it has to be PIF! I need to see if its really worth it or not! I guess really are 2 MR points per $1 more valuable than the 5%? Initially I'd assume no.
Message 39 of 95
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Bottom line is if you can't justify the AF, spend etc - don't apply. In a few years when your income has increased it will be therefor you. Just think about all that backdating. Smiley Wink
Message 40 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.