tag
Manny121
Established Member

Re: I want an AMEX !!

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

iMO chase is harder to get in. 

Totally. I was denied for a Freedom but easily approved for my first Amex which is a credit card just a month later.

Dang! Chase is sumthin' else! If I decide to app for Chase next year, I think I'll go to my branch (my checking acct is Chase), so my banker can look at my big, puppy dog eyes watering up.

That's funny ..lol I'm a Chase Banker ...where is your branch located ??

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 41 of 49
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Totally. I was denied for a Freedom but easily approved for my first Amex which is a credit card just a month later.

Dang! Chase is sumthin' else! If I decide to app for Chase next year, I think I'll go to my branch (my checking acct is Chase), so my banker can look at my big, puppy dog eyes watering up.

Heart Heart .....Oh, right - I'm in Detroit, MI  Lol!
Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 42 of 49
Manny121
Established Member

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

LOL ok ..just trying to see if it was really that small of a world you were a customer at my branch...I'm in NYC ..but Chase Freedom or Slate is the easier route especially since you have chase accounts already...

AMEX GREEN [NPSL] ::: DISCOVER IT [$7800] ::: CHASE SAPPHIRE [$5000] ::: CHASE FREEDOM [$5000] ::: BARCLAYCARD ARRIVAL WMC [$5000] ::: CAP 1 VENTUREONE [$3000] ::: AMEX DELTA GOLD [$2000] ::: CAP 1 QS1 [$1250] ::: BOA CASH REWARDS [$1000] ::: CAP 1 PLATINUM [$750] ::: MACY'S RED CARD [$500]
Message 43 of 49
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

LOL ok ..just trying to see if it was really that small of a world you were a customer at my branch...I'm in NYC ..but Chase Freedom or Slate is the easier route especially since you have chase accounts already...

Lol! Well, when I get ready to app, I'll run my score/credit history by folks here - to get suggestions on what to app. Hopefully, you can chime in.

Thanks!

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 44 of 49
Manny121
Established Member

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@Manny121 wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Lol! Well, when I get ready to app, I'll run my score/credit history by folks here - to get suggestions on what to app. Hopefully, you can chime in.

Thanks!

No problem ..I'll be here !!

Message 45 of 49
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Manny121 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Do I need to issue an alert?

Nooooo lol I was eyeing the exit gate to the garden but decided not to give it a go lol

Good answer Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 46 of 49
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@Trigga wrote:

I was approved for Amex Green with usage around 50% of total credit , not sure if it helped having a mail offer for that card . But im in the garden untill i pay down my debt i want a Amex revolver !! Blue Cash is what im after next in 6months to a year !

You should of applied for the BCE after the approval because it would have been the same pull. Not to mention, if you get denied, its only a SP.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 47 of 49
HiLine
Blogger

@p- wrote:

HiLine wrote:... I was denied for a Freedom but easily approved for my first Amex which is a credit card just a month later.

Interesting.  Did you call teh backdoor number for a recon?  I got some pretty frank answers out of them about why I was denied for CLI's.

Yeah. They said I did not have enough credit history, which at the time was only a 9-month-old secured card. Discover, Amex and BofA didn't seem to care though: I got a Discover and a BofA the same month I was denied by Chase, and an Amex revolver a month after.

Message 48 of 49
p-
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:They said I did not have enough credit history, which at the time was only a 9-month-old secured card. 

I've found Chase to be reluctant to extend credit if you have new cards.  The recon reps told me to wait until I had all of my cards for a year before asking for any more credit.  I did, and it worked.  Now I have a 10k Sig.

If Chase is to be included in an app spree, I would say start with them first.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.