cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want another card , discover declined, cap1?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I want another card , discover declined, cap1?

Remember, there's a difference between pre-qualified and pre-approved. Even those that say pre-approved are not guaranteed. IMO, use the cc you have. In 3 mos ask for a CLI, use the card. Three months later, apply for whatever you want. Smiley Tongue
Message 21 of 27
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

I must say...I'm surprised your card is still open/active with 4 years of no usage. I would think they would have axed it for no activity. In any event, I echo what others have said. Start using your current card, keep a low utilization ratio, don't apply for anymore cards so those inqs don't keep adding up, in 6 months - 1 year apply for the cards you want (again...no that many applications) I would recommend to go after Discover, Chase Freedom, etc.
Message 22 of 27
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Remember, there's a difference between pre-qualified and pre-approved. Even those that say pre-approved are not guaranteed. IMO, use the cc you have. In 3 mos ask for a CLI, use the card. Three months later, apply for whatever you want. Smiley Tongue

+1Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rosunnara wrote:

whoops. I just got this from capital one ... does this mean I can get it forsure?

http://i.imgur.com/TtaqfJV.png

Id take that!

Then id call Bank of America Backdoor tomorrow and ask them for a CLI so that you can use the card more rather you will or not.

Then in 3 months of use of this new capital one and the bank of america... apply to discover again and redo the other pre-qual.

Message 24 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, obviously the decision to app for Cap1 is yours. Chances of you receiving the same reasons Discover just gave you is anyone's guess. The chances of BoA giving you a SP CLI is slim to none ESP on an acct that's never been used. Since inq's are low, you have them to burn.

I'd rather minimize activity on my cr and prefer receiving larger CL's without Hp after Hp to ultimately get to a nice CL.

Good luck in whatever you decide and keep us posted.
Message 25 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
OP, obviously the decision to app for Cap1 is yours. Chances of you receiving the same reasons Discover just gave you is anyone's guess. The chances of BoA giving you a SP CLI is slim to none ESP on an acct that's never been used. Since inq's are low, you have them to burn.

I'd rather minimize activity on my cr and prefer receiving larger CL's without Hp after Hp to ultimately get to a nice CL.

Good luck in whatever you decide and keep us posted.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 27
bluewolf12

Thanks for all the input! i'll keep everyone posted

773 my fico score . 700$ BOFA cash rewards card upgraded from old BOFA credit card that was never used two years ago. Student loans good standing 4 years old
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.