Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my card! How much longer???

tag
kwinks
Regular Contributor

I want my card! How much longer???

How long does it take for amex to send out their cards? 

I applied for both amex bcp and chase csp on 1-16-2013.... 

I got my chase card 2 days later. Then got another chase card  a couple of days after that. I really expected my bcp to get here today...but nothing! should I be calling in now, or am I just being impatient Smiley Embarassed

i live in Northern California if that matters...

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: I want my card! How much longer???

@kwinks wrote:

How long does it take for amex to send out their cards? 

I applied for both amex bcp and chase csp on 1-16-2013.... 

I got my chase card 2 days later. Then got another chase card  a couple of days after that. I really expected my bcp to get here today...but nothing! should I be calling in now, or am I just being impatient Smiley Embarassed

i live in Northern California if that matters...

From what I've seen their revolvers usually take longer than their Charge Cards. Given that it was on the 16th I would guess you have it by the middle of next week the latest. Perhaps you should have called them to see if they could have expedited it Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
kwinks
Regular Contributor

I did! Lol and the lady said well it will only take 7-10 days And you can only get it expedited if you applied over the phone  -___- 

Message 3 of 14
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Hate to break this to you, but AMEX is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER slow at sending their revolvers!  It took me 3+ weeks to get my BCE!!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 4 of 14
ycm
Established Member

Don't have any of their revolvers but I have two of their charge cards. Both arrived pretty fast. They overnighted my PRG earlier this month, but only because I've had my Zync  for a couple years prior to. Patience - easier said than done.

Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 5 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Is this your first AMEX product? Once I got my first one in hand all additional cards were sent much quicker, typically receiving them within a couple of business days. I always ask if they will expedite the delivery and the answer has always been yes, our pleasure. I tell the CSR I have a big purchase I want to put on the card right away. 

All of my cards seem to have shipped from the Midwest and I am in Florida. 

Message 6 of 14
chnceit
Valued Contributor

For personal accounts they usually take 7-10 days. But I ordered my Blue with paypass and got it 2nd day UPS to me

For biz accounts they UPS it 2nd day air in my experience and I got 3 biz cards from them.

PenFed is taking over 2 weeks right now for me approved on 1/9 and I am getting really impatient 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 14
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

I've been a customer since '05 and all the cards I have requested have been UPS overnighted free of charge. I have the Amex Clear revolver.

Message 8 of 14
blondy250
Established Contributor

I recieved my Amex Plat in 3 business days, with the welcome package coming in 2 days. It was an ugrade from the gold if that matters.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 9 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

YAY NORTH CALI BBY!! HAHHA I was born there and love it there hahha. JUST BE PATIENT AND IT WILL GET THERE Smiley Wink

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.