Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want the BP card...

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: I want the BP card...

Anyone who's honestly trying to help her should not be encouraging her to app, IMO.
Message 11 of 70
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Pizza, I like you and all but just think about what you're saying for a bit. Are you trying to rationalize getting something that in the long run you really don't need? I've fell into that sort of pattern for a while where I was just getting things that I didn't need and that I didn't really use that much as much as I thought as in case with the Target RED card. Several months later I closed these sorts of accounts and never looked back. It just made it a pain for a while to actually get in with better lenders for a while and I made that same sort of misttake this year and have to really wait longer to get CLIs on the cards that I actually need them the most on. Think about that crowding out effect that could happen if you got too many cards like that open. Discover might say to you that you got too many new accounts or credit and not want to increase your limit down the road. Think about that for a minute or how well Barclays has treated you. You don't want to make them close your accounts with them if you go out and get things that in hindsight that you really don't need. 

I'm just saying that you gotta put things into perspective and put your CC priorities in order. I find that the more I read this site, the more tempted I am into getting stuff I really never needed in the first place and getting myself into unncessary problems and since all that stuff happened to me and how I closed a bunch of other cards I didn't need or in hindisight never used that much, I suggest that you take a break or something from the website and relax and realize that there are a lot of other things besides CCs that you could be thinking about and doing. You've got it made already in just a year and a half or two and I don't want you to mess that up in any way. Quit while you're ahead and maintain what you already have and you'll be great in the long run. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 70
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Pizza - me and another popular member on here have committed ourselves to the garden for 14 months 

we chat on here all the time and it helps. We have talked each other out of app n'. Several times. We talk about our goals 

and what's on our agenda in 14 months. Feel free to join us.

Message 13 of 70
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I want Freedom and BCE. I'm going for both in Nov.
Message 14 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent advice from some of our fellow members.  You've done well, now it's time to sit back and take care of what you have.  No need to grab everything out there.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 70
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Garden for 15 months and along the way close some cards your not going to use.

that way you make room for the stuff you really want in 15 months. But close more than you will be replacing.

Message 16 of 70
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
No one is trying to be mean. But anyone telling her to app is not doing her any favors.

She was "gardening for 2 years" until that became far too long and she got nordstrom. Now she's saying she wants BP. She got a 200 CLI on a card. With all due respect if a creditor is giving you a 200 dollar increase you really need to realize they don't have very much faith in you and you need to garden.

I'm proud of her success rebuilding. But it has spiraled into a downright addiction. And inevitably she will end up in debt again with this pattern.

I hope you can appreciate my comments Pizza. We are trying to help you. Please consider a break from all this.

Agree'd ... But that want happen.shell just have to mod lock this thread like always , because she No longer want to hear the truth. 

Pizza- the folk that was comforting you a few weeks back when you had your episode, are the same ones pumping you up and encouraging you 

to be wreckless and continue to do the things you know is affecting you. I know what I say sounds rude but that's just how I speak. Some people just

say things in a nicer way than I do. 

P.S. wish you the best of luck on your BP Visa Approval on May 18th. I'll be watching.

(

FYI...I dont "ask" the mods to lock my threads or anything for that matter.  They do it on their own because a few members like to come on and go crazy on my posts. 

P.S.  No need to to watch in the approvals on May 18th...Ive decided after thinking about it I dont need it, just concentrating on the ones I currently have. Even if I did app and get approved, I certainly would wouldnt post the approval.  I only post the ones that you guys would be "OK" with,  Thats actually happened several times. Theres only one member here with whom I PM with frequently who knows of all my approvals even the hidden ones from you guys, and doesnt  publicly give me the third degree about it, but doesnt encourage it either. Thanks for your input

Message 17 of 70
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
They will be announcing the new reward structure with Synch taking over on May 18th, and that is the first day you can apply for both the Store card version and Visa Version. I of course will app for the Visa version, but will probably get auto approved for the store version, which Id be ok with.

Pizza - I don't understand you.. You was just crying a few weeks ago about how over whelmed you was with all the cards you

habe and you was going thru stuff in your life. And how you felt pressured to apply for cards , and how you was stepping back from being on here and ONLY

going to post info that would be informational to others.mi have YET to see that happen.

you just stated you want this card just because, and you don't need it...

couple of months from now your gonna be on here having a nervous break down AGAIN and how we all making you app for stuff.

habe several seats !!!

"you have yet to see that happen"?  look a little harder...

Message 18 of 70
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Pizza, I like you and all but just think about what you're saying for a bit. Are you trying to rationalize getting something that in the long run you really don't need? I've fell into that sort of pattern for a while where I was just getting things that I didn't need and that I didn't really use that much as much as I thought as in case with the Target RED card. Several months later I closed these sorts of accounts and never looked back. It just made it a pain for a while to actually get in with better lenders for a while and I made that same sort of misttake this year and have to really wait longer to get CLIs on the cards that I actually need them the most on. Think about that crowding out effect that could happen if you got too many cards like that open. Discover might say to you that you got too many new accounts or credit and not want to increase your limit down the road. Think about that for a minute or how well Barclays has treated you. You don't want to make them close your accounts with them if you go out and get things that in hindsight that you really don't need. 

I'm just saying that you gotta put things into perspective and put your CC priorities in order. I find that the more I read this site, the more tempted I am into getting stuff I really never needed in the first place and getting myself into unncessary problems and since all that stuff happened to me and how I closed a bunch of other cards I didn't need or in hindisight never used that much, I suggest that you take a break or something from the website and relax and realize that there are a lot of other things besides CCs that you could be thinking about and doing. You've got it made already in just a year and a half or two and I don't want you to mess that up in any way. Quit while you're ahead and maintain what you already have and you'll be great in the long run. 

thanks Pop...I always appreciate your words because you have a better way of gettting your point across that I can actually listen too.  It hearltfelt and encouraging, thank you

Message 19 of 70
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Call me crazy, stupid or whatever...but I want the BP gas card for the following reasons:

#1...I just want it

#2...Im surrounded by them where I live

#3..I LOVE their car wash, and always get "The works"..They always do a great job detailing my car

#4..Starting May 18th, you can apply for it, and it will now be backed by Synch, instead of Chase ( aka...easier approval)

#5..Later down the road, the "store card" can be upgraded to the Visa version

That is all....Smiley Wink

For what is I'm sure the 281st time in the last 3 months....

Don't you have enough credit?  New accounts?  Inquiries?

Why exactly did you file BK7 back in 2013?  Was it this type of credit behavior?

I thought you were slowing down?   Or so you posted like last week or something.

Like others have said...  looks like an addiction to me.  Not a good sign.   You need to step away.  There's more to life than credit.

Good luck.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 20 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.