Regular Contributor
scorpiostinger07

I want to Apply for the Amazon Card But

Ok I have 3 charge off's with GE Money Bank Walmart, JCP, and LOWES. These account are almost 7 years old and only JCP is reporting on my TU. My concern is that I may be blacklisted and dont want to waste a TU inquiry. Current FICO is 658. Any advice?

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valdo12

Re: I want to Apply for the Amazon Card But

[ Edited ]

Your 658 current score is higher than my 617 TU was and I applied this past week for Cap One Cash Rewards, Walmart Store Card, and Amazon Store Card.  I was approved for all of them instantly online.  Cap One checked all and Walmart/Amazon checked TU only.  I had a Walmart CO and collections deleted from my report earlier in January so that's why I went on this small app spree.  It worked and now I can garden for a while and let my scores build and hopefully see CL increases.

I would probably wait until your JCP falls off just to be sure.  It may also depend on what other things are on your reports.

Regular Contributor
scorpiostinger07

Thanks for you comment Valdo12 I still have several charge off's and collections with a few positives listed below.

1. Orchard/Cap Once secured card $200/$71 Balance opened 2008 ontime and never late

2 Cap One Secured Card $725/$0 Balance Opened 2010

3 Cap One Secured Card $525/$52 Balacne Opened 2011

4 Barclays Apple Visa $1700/$540 Balance Opened 2013

5. Santander Auto Loan Opened 2012.

Valued Contributor
boomhower

[ Edited ]

If GE Blacklisted they would be out of a large percentage of consumers.  They deal in primarily store cards that are in general medium to low credit profiles.  Other than 0% deals folks with solid credit will be using a regular credit card with lower interest or rewards.  If they blacklisted everyone who burned them in the past they would be out a lot of customers.  So no, they don't blacklist but this is why their interest rate is sky high, high risk. Do you have any current credit lines?  After 7 years you should be fine but any current positive trade lines would certainly help.

Regular Contributor
scorpiostinger07

Thanks for the Advice...I went ahead and applied tonight.

Walmart Approved $600

Amazon Approved $400

Thanks

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Congrats! 

and you can request a cli every four months on a soft pull!(ge accounts) 

as well as getting your free tu fico from walmart (by enrolling in paperless statements)

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}