Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to Apply for the Amazon Card But

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I want to Apply for the Amazon Card But

Ok I have 3 charge off's with GE Money Bank Walmart, JCP, and LOWES. These account are almost 7 years old and only JCP is reporting on my TU. My concern is that I may be blacklisted and dont want to waste a TU inquiry. Current FICO is 658. Any advice?

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Valdo12

Re: I want to Apply for the Amazon Card But

Your 658 current score is higher than my 617 TU was and I applied this past week for Cap One Cash Rewards, Walmart Store Card, and Amazon Store Card.  I was approved for all of them instantly online.  Cap One checked all and Walmart/Amazon checked TU only.  I had a Walmart CO and collections deleted from my report earlier in January so that's why I went on this small app spree.  It worked and now I can garden for a while and let my scores build and hopefully see CL increases.

I would probably wait until your JCP falls off just to be sure.  It may also depend on what other things are on your reports.

Message 2 of 7
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Thanks for you comment Valdo12 I still have several charge off's and collections with a few positives listed below.

1. Orchard/Cap Once secured card $200/$71 Balance opened 2008 ontime and never late

2 Cap One Secured Card $725/$0 Balance Opened 2010

3 Cap One Secured Card $525/$52 Balacne Opened 2011

4 Barclays Apple Visa $1700/$540 Balance Opened 2013

5. Santander Auto Loan Opened 2012.

Message 3 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If GE Blacklisted they would be out of a large percentage of consumers.  They deal in primarily store cards that are in general medium to low credit profiles.  Other than 0% deals folks with solid credit will be using a regular credit card with lower interest or rewards.  If they blacklisted everyone who burned them in the past they would be out a lot of customers.  So no, they don't blacklist but this is why their interest rate is sky high, high risk. Do you have any current credit lines?  After 7 years you should be fine but any current positive trade lines would certainly help.

Message 4 of 7
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the Advice...I went ahead and applied tonight.

Walmart Approved $600

Amazon Approved $400

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

and you can request a cli every four months on a soft pull!(ge accounts) 

as well as getting your free tu fico from walmart (by enrolling in paperless statements)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.