cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to apply for a target card... good or bad thing?

tag
nish129
Valued Member

I want to apply for a target card... good or bad thing?

Hi have  two cc capital one and bank of america. not to mention my mortgage. Any way I want to see if I can get a store card. Is this a good idea?

One more thing (just in case this helps)my husband and I want to sell our current home and buy a bigger better one in June 2011.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to apply for a target card... good or bad thing?

I got one with $500CL.... I find it to be terribly worthless.. I'm pissed I even have the TL now..
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Target not worth it. Most of us got card with $200 CL and it never grows. Check the posts on this forum.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nish129 wrote:

Hi have  two cc capital one and bank of america. not to mention my mortgage. Any way I want to see if I can get a store card. Is this a good idea?

One more thing (just in case this helps)my husband and I want to sell our current home and buy a bigger better one in June 2011.

I dont think Target would be a good way to go. Low starting TL and also I havent heard of a CLI with them so I dunno bout that but I would say Macy's would be a good way to go if you are looking at store cards.

Message 4 of 7
nish129
Valued Member

Thanks I guess I will pass on Target.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that is a good decision.. if you do go for macys- always app in store
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

YMMV with Target. I am one of the few who did not have a bad experience with CL. However, I shop there all the time and I used it to rebuild, so it didnt matter to me what the limit was. I normally always use my debit card. I had an instant approval slip when I made a purchase with a credit card at the register. There was a little confusion when I finally decided to take them up on the offer, but I was approved for $300. Received an increase 2-3 months to $500. Then in December of last was year received a CLI to $1000.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.