Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know your experience in Capitalone quicksilverONE CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to know your experience in Capitalone quicksilverONE CLI

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous that's probably why, I think it only works if you're in steps. At this point you probably have to write the CEO 7 years with no luv is unacceptable.

Truth is I don't care if I get a CLI on the QS1 since I'm dumping it as soon as I do my next app round. I just hit the button all the time for the hell of it. I would like to get some CLI action on my QS Visa Plat, though, because I'd like it to grow up and become a Siggy.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really seems like cap1 is trying to get rid of people who have the older accounts. They are extremely loose with new accounts.

Just for the record, you don't have to have an account that has finished the steps program for a CLI. I got my card in November. When I saw how loose they were last month, I hit the request CLI button. I went from $1k to $3k after only 3 statements. I got curious a few days ago and checked their pre-qualified cards. The qs visa and venture cards showed up - after 4 statements.

Message 32 of 38
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous that's probably why, I think it only works if you're in steps. At this point you probably have to write the CEO 7 years with no luv is unacceptable.

Didn't work for me the 40 times I tried it. Lol.

Not so many times, same results.  (You know what they say about repeating the same thing. Smiley Wink)

Signature needs updating
Message 33 of 38
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't work for me the 40 times I tried it. Lol.

Not so many times, same results.  (You know what they say about repeating the same thing. Smiley Wink)

I don't think the older products have the same criteria as the QS / QS1 etc, really in my opinion its probably better to close out or pc to a new QS.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now i wont get increase through the steps program in 4 months?

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with Capital One has been positive. They gave me my first credit card ever. It was a Platinum MC with $500 limit. After a month, they automatically sent me a letter in the mail saying they increased my limit to $750. It stayed there for a few years because I didn't know I could go online and hit the "luv button". I never even really used my credit credit card. 

About a year and a half ago, I was playing around online and saw the magical "luv button". I hit it and got an automatic $500 increase, bringing my limit to $1,250. I was totally floored! I set a reminder to do the same thing exactly 6 months later and got another auto-$500 increase when the time came. Set my 6 month reminder again and got an auto-$3,000 increase bringing my limit to $4,750.

Right after that CLI, I called customer service to see if I could upgrade my card to a Quicksilver for the rewards and they did it. I am waiting until 4/8/15 (my next 6 month mark) to hit the luv button again to see how much of a bump I will get this time.

You really have to be diligent about the 6 months though and make sure you don't hit the button sooner than that.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience with Capital One has been positive. They gave me my first credit card ever. It was a Platinum MC with $500 limit. After a month, they automatically sent me a letter in the mail saying they increased my limit to $750. It stayed there for a few years because I didn't know I could go online and hit the "luv button". I never even really used my credit credit card. 

About a year and a half ago, I was playing around online and saw the magical "luv button". I hit it and got an automatic $500 increase, bringing my limit to $1,250. I was totally floored! I set a reminder to do the same thing exactly 6 months later and got another auto-$500 increase when the time came. Set my 6 month reminder again and got an auto-$3,000 increase bringing my limit to $4,750.

Right after that CLI, I called customer service to see if I could upgrade my card to a Quicksilver for the rewards and they did it. I am waiting until 4/8/15 (my next 6 month mark) to hit the luv button again to see how much of a bump I will get this time.

You really have to be diligent about the 6 months though and make sure you don't hit the button sooner than that.

Except that there are dozens of posts from members getting line increases well before the six month mark.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true that it is possible that people are getting approved for an auto CLI earlier than 6 months. However, in the Cap1 CLI Eligibility FAQ's, it says that if you have had a CLI in the past 6 months, your account might not be eligible at this time for another CLI. 

I would rather be safe than sorry, which is why I wait the entire 6 months before hitting the luv button. I think where a lot of people *may* be messing up is when they hit their button once a month or something and getting denied every time. There's got to be a ding or something on Capital1's side that is keeping track of how often someone is pressing that button.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.