cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to product change my Venture One to Quicksilver...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to product change my Venture One to Quicksilver...

@Anonymous wrote:

I must admit I did not read through the whole thread, so if this has been stated, forgive me.

I received the Journey and 6 weeks later I got on chat and asked about a product change and they said Quicksilver w/ no AF was available. So for me it was 6 weeks.

Couldn't hurt to reach out to chat and see what they have for you...

Good luck!

Sorry, but how did you manage to do this? I got my Journey card 3 weeks ago, and am looking to PC to QS if possible. Any tips for getting a better chance? 

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my V1 at the end of March of this year and PC'd it to a Quicksilver at the end of June. So three months. I use it for Uber as well.
Message 22 of 30
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

All I did was ask over online chat if I can please convert my Venture to the QS and they said yes. Had to answer some quick security questions and then it was done! Maybe I just got lucky??

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 23 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Guessing it has a bit to do with your credit profile as well...  As OP's profile is very strong.. 6 month is typical, but obviously others has done 3 months and OP even alot shorter.. So YMMV as alwaysSmiley Happy

Message 24 of 30
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I must admit I did not read through the whole thread, so if this has been stated, forgive me.

I received the Journey and 6 weeks later I got on chat and asked about a product change and they said Quicksilver w/ no AF was available. So for me it was 6 weeks.

Good luck!

Sorry, but how did you manage to do this? I got my Journey card 3 weeks ago, and am looking to PC to QS if possible. Any tips for getting a better chance? 

As others have said, I just logged into cap one website and got on live chat. I asked if there were product change offers available. He said quicksilver and I accepted. I don't know that I have any tips because I'm pretty sure it's just  available in the computer or not. I knew that my scores were  a lot higher - so if your profile has seen some improvement since applying, try on chat! If not much has happened, maybe wait until 2-3 months to try. Good luck!

Message 26 of 30
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Yayyyy nbb glad you were able to product change too!! I'm super excited since I could definitely benefit from the 20% off Uber rides!!!

Message 27 of 30
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Kb109 wrote:

All I did was ask over online chat if I can please convert my Venture to the QS and they said yes. Had to answer some quick security questions and then it was done! Maybe I just got lucky??

Great to hear!   Congrats on successful PC

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kb109 wrote:

I recently got the Venture One card and have already met the $1,000 spend and received my 20,000 points, which I redeemed. Now I am hearing that Quicksilver card holders get money back when using Uber. I use Uber ALL the time so this would be a huge benefit for me. My question is, when can I product change my Venture One to the QS?? Thanks!!!

I would like to do the same thing as well. However, I have not redeemed my points yet. Does anyone know if I lose the points....if I PC before redeeming the points?

Message 29 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

The whole point of a Journey is to build history and usage so you can show Cap One you are "ready" for a QS. 3 weeks isn't gonna do it.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.