Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was added as AU, but did not receive full history

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: I was added as AU, but did not receive full history

BOFA, CITI, Discover
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They obiously made a mistake because if you were added on 2 months ago, why is the account opening date January 2014 instead of May 2015 or 2009?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA frontline reps are worthless
Message 13 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

So any ideas? I think it's very weird and it doesn't help me out all that much. I was hoping to have another 5 years of helping history.

Personal:

Business:

Message 14 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

When I get to work I'll take a screenshot. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 15 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Here is a screen shot. My real reports show the same reporting...

Crop.jpg

Personal:

Business:

Message 16 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Crop.jpg

As you can see the "Opened Date" say 2009, so that is the number it counts calculating AAoA. So you are getting a boost with that card. Only the payments are reduced to last year and this one.

When Amex backdated, you got 0 history but 10 or more years backdate and bigger AAoA with the opened date.

When a computer calculate an approval, they either consider AUs or not, they don't look at payment history (well, only if missed something or util is high). So don't worry too much about the shorter paying history, the opened date helps.

Message 17 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Crop.jpg

As you can see the "Opened Date" say 2009, so that is the number it counts calculating AAoA. So you are getting a boost with that card. Only the payments are reduced to last year and this one.

When Amex backdated, you got 0 history but 10 or more years backdate and bigger AAoA with the opened date.

When a computer calculate an approval, they either consider AUs or not, they don't look at payment history (well, only if missed something or util is high). So don't worry too much about the shorter paying history, the opened date helps.

So you're saying I'm still receiving the AAoA benefit to the fullest but just not payment history? My AAoA went up 10 months after adding this card. Does that coincide? My AAoA before was 1.4 years. Now it's 2.2 years. I figured with an account open 6 times longer would make a bigger impact than 10 months. However, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything about credit. In fact, quite the opposite. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 18 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

So you're saying I'm still receiving the AAoA benefit to the fullest but just not payment history? My AAoA went up 10 months after adding this card. Does that coincide? My AAoA before was 1.4 years. Now it's 2.2 years. I figured with an account open 6 times longer would make a bigger impact than 10 months. However, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything about credit. In fact, quite the opposite. 

Yes. How many TL do you have? It is an Average, so if this card is 6 years old and you only have 1 card with 1.4 years, then your new AAoA should be 3.7 years old. If you get another now, then your AAoA will be (6 + 1.4 + 0) / 3 = 2.46 and so on. So if you have a few accounts then the new AAoA is about right. More than 50% AAoA jump is pretty good.

Message 19 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Ahhh.. that makes sense! So then I guess we're all good here then. I was misunderstanding how it worked.

Personal:

Business:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.