cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards, when will they report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards, when will they report?

I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards a month ago and there is still nothing being reported. Both the statement dates have passed since I was added as an au. My father-in-law is the primary card holder and they asked him for all my details (social security # and birthdate). The cards are Citi and HSBC. I though they would have reported by now. Should I have my father-in-law call the companies to see if they will report? Any info is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards, when will they report?

Lets move your post to the credit card forum. Perhaps, the gurus can tell you what might be going on and what you can do.

Message 2 of 4
ALP
New Contributor

Re: I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards, when will they report?

I can't speak for Citi, but HSBC will report AU's eventually.  They seem to be slower on reporting them when the AU's address is different than the person's who added the AU.    (did that make sense?  lol).  Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was added as an authorized user on two credit cards a month ago and there is still nothing being reported. Both the statement dates have passed since I was added as an au. My father-in-law is the primary card holder and they asked him for all my details (social security # and birthdate). The cards are Citi and HSBC. I though they would have reported by now. Should I have my father-in-law call the companies to see if they will report? Any info is appreciated.

I know that Citi will report AU's and in my experience it was done very quickly. I believe a phone call would be in order to find out what is going on.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.