Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was booted from the 800 club.

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Re: I was booted from the 800 club.

@Anonymous wrote:

So much work to stay in the 800 club managing all the statement dates on your cards. You know you're 800 material so why not just drop your UTIL next time you need credit?

+1 that actually crossed my mind.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So much work to stay in the 800 club managing all the statement dates on your cards. You know you're 800 material so why not just drop your UTIL next time you need credit?

+1 that actually crossed my mind.

Great minds think alike. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have a credit card yet, but you guys are mentioning stuff that I have to be made clear on.

You guys keep mentioning paying the balance before the statement cuts. So are you essentially saying that as long as pay the current balance before the statement cuts, it will be seen as 0% utiliation on that card for that month? Essentially if you charge all the way up to your CL, and pay the balance off in full before the statement cuts, you will have 0% utilization?

Message 13 of 29
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

So, have you set ALL your cards up for auto pay?  If not, why not?  You'll just have similar problems down the road, why not just have it done automatically?

all of my accounts are on autopay. But, they don't pay before the statement cuts. It's not like I was late. I just didn't want the utilization reported. I haven't had a late payment in 8 years,

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 14 of 29
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't have a credit card yet, but you guys are mentioning stuff that I have to be made clear on.

You guys keep mentioning paying the balance before the statement cuts. So are you essentially saying that as long as pay the current balance before the statement cuts, it will be seen as 0% utiliation on that card for that month? Essentially if you charge all the way up to your CL, and pay the balance off in full before the statement cuts, you will have 0% utilization?

Yes

Message 15 of 29
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly, you've got it!

I can't imagine being in the 800 club and how that must feel.  I remember my 700 club feeling and it was partially shock, relief, pride, etc. etc. lol.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Increased util plus (possibly) increased # of accounts with balances.

For someone at 680 or 720, there probably wouldn't be any change. Once you're up in the nose-bleed score section though, the slightest change can result in wild score adjustments.

You'll be back next month. Smiley Wink

It does help you remember your payment schedules though, doesn't it??

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Bronx,

Funny this should come up. Was checking my scores this morning and realized a $7 balance had posted on a card and really was unhappy. Took and deep breath and realized I have other crap to worry about and it's not that important, LOL! I definitely need a breather if something like that is giving me agita first thing in the morning. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

Funny this should come up. Was checking my scores this morning and realized a $7 balance had posted on a card and really was unhappy. Took and deep breath and realized I have other crap to worry about and it's not that important, LOL! I definitely need a breather if something like that is giving me agita first thing in the morning. Smiley Happy

Yeah, it's amazing the stuff that we worry about compared to the general public, isn't it?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so close I can't wait to get there, I guess technically I currently only know myFICO EQ score it's the one I'm refering to.  Once I hit the 800's with that I'm going to put more effort in makeing sure I'm 800 accross all 3.  I can see that once your in the 800 club it's hard to maintain dang!!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.