cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was qualified for Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard!!!! Yah!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: I was qualified for Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard!!!! Yah!!!!

@xboxrunner wrote:

I called today and the csr didn't quite know about the elite world mastercard. She said she didn't see any offers on my account. ;(

You should call them during the day and ask for supervisor. The CSR don't know how to upgrade into Elite World MC.  They might send you the wrong card (PayPass).  Tell them I will be using the card outside of the country. 

Ron.

Message 71 of 143
bribro
Valued Contributor

The card looks awesome Ron. Thanks for posting a picture.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 72 of 143
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@xboxrunner wrote:

I called today and the csr didn't quite know about the elite world mastercard. She said she didn't see any offers on my account. ;(

You should call them during the day and ask for supervisor. The CSR don't know how to upgrade into Elite World MC.  They might send you the wrong card (PayPass).  Tell them I will be using the card outside of the country. 

Ron.

I've had some luck with Secured Email. I sent one off so hopefully it works. If not Ill call again and try a different representative. The basic CSR was confused ;(

Edit: Beefing up my current cards is keeping me busy so I don't go and start apping again Smiley Very Happy  I'm trying to hold for another year--have 7 inquiries on EX but only 2 in the last year.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 73 of 143
bribro
Valued Contributor

I received my new Citi Dividend card via UPS yesterday after the mail forwarding hiccup. Unfortunately, it is just the same World tier card, but with an EMV chip in it (I kinda forgot I requested it). The Dividend WE is still about 1-2 weeks away for me. I'm supposed to receive the WE w/PayPass first, then WE w/EMV the following week.

There are slight differences in the design going from Dividend World w/PayPass to Dividend World w/EMV. The "Dividend" text on the top is chrome/silver in the EMV version, instead of black - the background has the same pattern, but with a different color saturation that's hard to describe in words.

The Citi CSR I spoke to said the 45 day transition period is due to federal law, not sure if that's true. He said he suspects it's also so that customers have time to change their minds. Why anyone *wouldn't* want to go from World to World Elite I don't know.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 74 of 143
bribro
Valued Contributor

I guess the CSR was right about the 45 days thing being federal law: http://www.responsiblelending.org/credit-cards/policy-legislation/congress/Highlights-of-the-New-Cre...

"Must notify a customer 45 days before making a major change to the terms of a credit card contract." Since upgrading from World to World Elite lowers your APR (at least in my case), that makes sense.

Message 75 of 143
Gray
Regular Contributor

I have a Citi Platinum Select World MasterCard that I opened in Jan 2009. $30K credit line and 6.74% APR. What benefit is there of this Elite World MasterCard? Sounds like the absence of a preset spending limit will actually hurt you since Citi will report your highest balance as the spending limit. If you don't use all the concierge services, it's not much of a plus.
Message 76 of 143
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Gray wrote:
I have a Citi Platinum Select World MasterCard that I opened in Jan 2009. $30K credit line and 6.74% APR. What benefit is there of this Elite World MasterCard?

Here are the benefits:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/pdf/divworldELITEmc_welcome_kit.pdf

plus EMV chips useful when traveling outside of the country.

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world-elite.html

Ron.

Message 77 of 143
Gray
Regular Contributor

My APR is already well below the elite card, my cl is $30k, and most of those benefits I receive already. I don't travel outside the country, except for Canada which takes MC, and I don't fly. If I need to go somewhere along the coast, I prefer the train or driving. The risks I see with this card are: getting my card set to a higher APR (since it won't go lower), losing the declared CL (no preset spending limit) which can negativey affect my score, and possibly having an annual fee, which I don't have now.
Message 78 of 143
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Gray wrote:
My APR is already well below the elite card, my cl is $30k, and most of those benefits I receive already. I don't travel outside the country, except for Canada which takes MC, and I don't fly. If I need to go somewhere along the coast, I prefer the train or driving. The risks I see with this card are: getting my card set to a higher APR (since it won't go lower), losing the declared CL (no preset spending limit) which can negativey affect my score, and possibly having an annual fee, which I don't have now.

1. Your APR may change (not an issue if you PIF of course).

2. Your World MC is already a NPSL card, it will report the exact same.

3. I confirmed with the CSR that it's no AF.

Message 79 of 143
Gray
Regular Contributor

It says: credit limit: $30,000 How is that NPSL? So you cannot have EMV and PriorityPass on the same Citi Dividend World Elite MasterCard? Not asking about Diner's card.
Message 80 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.