cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was reading the fine print on my barclaycard and ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was reading the fine print on my barclaycard and ....

its 24.99% APR !!!!!! That's higher than the 22.99 I got on my freedom when I really didint have much experience with credit ! Most of my card are offering anything 19 and below , discover told me the other night once my intro 0% ends I will be at 10% ...  So what gives Barclay !!!! . Has anybody had this issue 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was reading the fine print on my barclaycard and ....

Which card?
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which card?

U.S. airways

Message 3 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

its 24.99% APR !!!!!! That's higher than the 22.99 I got on my freedom when I really didint have much experience with credit ! Most of my card are offering anything 19 and below , discover told me the other night once my intro 0% ends I will be at 10% ...  So what gives Barclay !!!! . Has anybody had this issue 

They're like that a lot with their cards IMO. Have the same APR on my Arrival. Shouldn't matter though if you're not carrying a balance on it.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Airways.

Good thing its a one time spend for bonus. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They're like that a lot with their cards IMO. Have the same APR on my Arrival. Shouldn't matter though if you're not carrying a balance on it.

You never know that One medical emergency and then boom paying interest on saline water IV's lolololol by seriously it concerns me not because I plan on carrying a balanced but because of a "what if " 

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have lower APR cards to do that with and I'm sure hospital will do payment plan. Slow pay is better than no pay.
Message 7 of 25
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases

15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your credit worthiness.

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You have lower APR cards to do that with and I'm sure hospital will do payment plan. Slow pay is better than no pay.

^^This^^

Hopitals will nearly always work with folks with payment plans.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinjjc wrote:

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases

15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your credit worthiness.

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Yeah I read that ! Lol ! I'm just surprised ! Not really mad at all since as like Nixon said I have other cards in the case I need ton carry balance 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.