cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went to Washington (Mutual) and all I got was this stupid T-shirt...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to Washington (Mutual) and all I got was this stupid T-shirt...

No I am joking about the t-shirt but I did get a letter from them.

I have had my WaMu card for exactly 1 yr now (Mar) not one CLI yet and they wrote me a letter decreasing my interest rate (by 3%). I just knew I was going to get a CLI, but not so much.

So here's my letter to you WaMu...

Dear WaMu,

Congratulations, you have just lost another customer. I am really excited to tell you to keep your old outdated PFICO score. I am also proud to tell you that you are losing a valuable customer.

I think I just feel like being dramatic but WaMu is taking me back to the days when I had an HSBC card .
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I went to Washington (Mutual) and all I got was this stupid T-shirt...

That stinks, jaybee.  Sorry to hear that.

What is your CL?  If they approved you with a high initial CL, it might be a while before you get another one. (DF was approved for $9K and hasn't gotten a CLI, either.)

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey cheddar.

No it wasn't a super high CL, it is 3k.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee, I hope loosing that $3,000 trade line doesn't hurt your scores to much because of loss of TL, and increase in utils.

$3,000 cl on a card is nothing to sneeze at, at least for me.
Message 4 of 11
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Unless there's an AF, you should consider just sockdrawering instead of canceling.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

KingAdrock wrote:
Unless there's an AF, you should consider just sockdrawering instead of canceling.

I agree.  3K is a pretty decent limit.  I would just stick with them.  It's not hurting you to keep it in your drawer.  Maybe you can melt the plastic down and make something useful! lol
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I don't understand why one would be upset. A reduction in APR was awarded. That's a good thing. It's not like someone was treated badly.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

watchnerd wrote:
I guess I don't understand why one would be upset. A reduction in APR was awarded. That's a good thing. It's not like someone was treated badly.

I'm assuming it's just because it's been a long time since he's had the card...and he still hasn't been shown any "love."  I guess it's just customary for companies to show that you've been a good cardmember with CLIs or Apr reductions.  Every 6 months or a year, even a couple hundred would be nice.
Message 8 of 11
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I'd have to agree with Sylvia and everyone else, $3000 is a pretty decent CL, and it would seem (with no inside info on your credit situation) that closing that card could hurt a little. 

I can definitely understand your frustration, but I'd say take a deep breath and put it out of your mind and hang on to the card for a while longer.  They did drop the APR so it's not like they snubbed you.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming it's just because it's been a long time since he's had the card...and he still hasn't been shown any "love."  I guess it's just customary for companies to show that you've been a good cardmember with CLIs or Apr reductions.  Every 6 months or a year, even a couple hundred would be nice.

I have some cards that have never received an auto-CLI. Perhaps they didn't know one was wanted?

I never hurts to ask.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.