Valued Contributor
jaybee

I went to Washington (Mutual) and all I got was this stupid T-shirt...

No I am joking about the t-shirt but I did get a letter from them.

I have had my WaMu card for exactly 1 yr now (Mar) not one CLI yet and they wrote me a letter decreasing my interest rate (by 3%). I just knew I was going to get a CLI, but not so much.

So here's my letter to you WaMu...

Dear WaMu,

Congratulations, you have just lost another customer. I am really excited to tell you to keep your old outdated PFICO score. I am also proud to tell you that you are losing a valuable customer.

I think I just feel like being dramatic but WaMu is taking me back to the days when I had an HSBC card .
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: I went to Washington (Mutual) and all I got was this stupid T-shirt...

That stinks, jaybee.  Sorry to hear that.

What is your CL?  If they approved you with a high initial CL, it might be a while before you get another one. (DF was approved for $9K and hasn't gotten a CLI, either.)

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
jaybee

Hey cheddar.

No it wasn't a super high CL, it is 3k.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

jaybee, I hope loosing that $3,000 trade line doesn't hurt your scores to much because of loss of TL, and increase in utils.

$3,000 cl on a card is nothing to sneeze at, at least for me.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Established Contributor
KingAdrock

Unless there's an AF, you should consider just sockdrawering instead of canceling.
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

KingAdrock wrote:
Unless there's an AF, you should consider just sockdrawering instead of canceling.

I agree.  3K is a pretty decent limit.  I would just stick with them.  It's not hurting you to keep it in your drawer.  Maybe you can melt the plastic down and make something useful! lol
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Established Contributor
watchnerd

I guess I don't understand why one would be upset. A reduction in APR was awarded. That's a good thing. It's not like someone was treated badly.
4/25: TU 793, EQ 791, EX ?
Goal: 800s by 12/09
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

watchnerd wrote:
I guess I don't understand why one would be upset. A reduction in APR was awarded. That's a good thing. It's not like someone was treated badly.

I'm assuming it's just because it's been a long time since he's had the card...and he still hasn't been shown any "love."  I guess it's just customary for companies to show that you've been a good cardmember with CLIs or Apr reductions.  Every 6 months or a year, even a couple hundred would be nice.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Established Contributor
modernsurrender

I'd have to agree with Sylvia and everyone else, $3000 is a pretty decent CL, and it would seem (with no inside info on your credit situation) that closing that card could hurt a little. 

I can definitely understand your frustration, but I'd say take a deep breath and put it out of your mind and hang on to the card for a while longer.  They did drop the APR so it's not like they snubbed you.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Established Contributor
watchnerd

TheCynicalOne wrote:

watchnerd wrote:

I'm assuming it's just because it's been a long time since he's had the card...and he still hasn't been shown any "love."  I guess it's just customary for companies to show that you've been a good cardmember with CLIs or Apr reductions.  Every 6 months or a year, even a couple hundred would be nice.

I have some cards that have never received an auto-CLI. Perhaps they didn't know one was wanted?

I never hurts to ask.
4/25: TU 793, EQ 791, EX ?
Goal: 800s by 12/09

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}