Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will Never be the same....

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: I will Never be the same....

Right on the money Ford guy! IME, it was a divorce, she took all, and I was left with the 1st Premiere cc! Things are much better now! The Ex s long gone, and so is 1st Premier! 😂

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 61 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez what i thought started out as an insightful post just went south.

Message 62 of 68
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The way I see it, if there's no identifying information, the customer's anonymity and privacy are in tact.

Exactly

Actually, there is identifying information about the customer, in this case the transaction amount, his CL, pre approval amount, and what he said. Let's say that was me at the store and I came to myFICO this morning and saw your post. What would follow after me seeing this post would not be pleasant.

You're absolutely correct. The difference here is that the only two people who know who this could be based on this vague description are the customer and the OP. If the customer's identity gets out, it would be because the customer came here, owned up to the story, and identified themselves. Though the OP may have been indiscreet, he didn't come here and specifically out someone against their will. None of us now nor will ever know who this person was.

I actually think the description of the utlization situation is pretty specific. If the customer saw this, they would know immediately it was about him/her. 

However, just writing you saw someone use a First Premier today where you work is vague and IMO acceptable as lots of people probably used their FP cards at a store at any given day.

It is no fun finding your situation on the internet. From the opposite point of view, I had customer write a nasty/complaint about me on Google Reviews from one of my retail jobs. I won't go into the details of what happened but the customer made me sounds like an uncaring airhead. He twisted the situation for the whole world to read about. Made me feel like garbage the first time I saw it. And now it's on Google reviews forever. It's not fun. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 63 of 68
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

1) I actually think it would've been a great thing for the customer to explain how synch cards and credit solutions work. If he was concerned about the cushion and wanted to charge as much as possible how happy would he have been if he had been told for the cost of a 5 min phone call or chat session he could double or triple his credit line with nothing really to lose if declined. Now that would be great customer service!
2) on the other hand I tend to get lots of comments and questions from clerks/servers/etc on my Amex Spg. People will say "cool card where's it from" "is this a good card to have" not sure why this card gets such a reaction. I always feel weird talking about my card to strangers.
Message 64 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I just say this? I never once felt I was looking down on anyone who has a First Premier...nor anyone who runs up a high utilization. That was not my point...

My post was an indicment on MYSELF....And I simply wondered did other people on these forums find themselves noticing things about other people's credit cards etc. with a different  mindset then you may have before before you learned all of these things from this site.....

I dont think its much different from the posts I see where everyone is revealing this and that about there spouses and family members credit cards, limits, what they apped for, financial situation etc.....

I think this site provides a wealth of knowledge. And I am grateful for every post, opinion, stat, and story available here......

Well said and understood.

Message 65 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know what to think of this thread..  I am glad you have the knowledge and aren't the same.  But at the same time, It is about your customer's privacy.  Should you be discussing what cards or how much your customers are purchasing in your store? Thats another debate.

It is one thing to think it, and it is another to lecture and discuss your customer's transactions in your store on a public board.  I wouldn't do it if I were in your shoes.

I didn't see anything wrong with the OP's post. If the customers name, account number, credit line and other revailing information was shared, then there is a problem. It was a harmless post.

Message 66 of 68
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

Some people just don't know how the credit system works. I didn't have a clue until I started preparing to buy my house last summer. I still have a lot to learn, even though I feel like a genius compared to what I knew this time year.
Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 67 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the first 4 pages of this thread than skipped to the end.  I thought the thread would have made a turn for the better but I should have known.  So I will gladly enter my input, as a prior terrible credit user and retail worker/ customer.

First off the OP was mearly just mentioning in passing random customers limit and credit card type they used.  There is absoutely nothing wrong with that.  They werent bashed, made fun of, nothing.  

For the guy who had high utilization I've been there.  I still do that once in awhile.  I spend up to my limit and leave a gap "just in case".  I was uninformed.  If smoeone would have explained to me utilization, credit, any of it I would have taken the knowledge happily,  as I've done here.  I now PIF my credit cards weekly.  Giving that perticular customer the back door number may not have been the best idea.  Maybe he is like the rest of us were at one point, more money available more money spent.  

To the lady who had the first premier card, most of us have had that card or similar.  I still have my first secured card used to help build my score.  I have my credit one card still that everyone talks badly about it in these forums.  Someday I will get rid of them and move on but I cant right now.  Does that mean I see another persons "first premeire" card and cant talk about it?  No.

If, in a year or two im in the 750's and rolling in discovery, AMEX cards and whatnot, and I see a first premeire card or credit one card pass my lane or handed out in front of me I will remember where I came from.  I will probably have the same thought, cut that sucker up and get a better card.  But maybe, like me, its not an option at this current time.  Maybe it is and they are just mis informed.

In EVERY buisness everywhere there will always be talk about customers, vendors, clients, ect.  Its a part of life.  I still have stories about past customers situations that I tell people.  Does that make me a bad person?  Depends how you use that information.  I have been apart of an issue where employees talked about a customer who was within ear shot and it wasnt nice things said about that customer.  Those are legitamate issues, and conversations meant to be kept private.  

Long story Long, the information in this thread does not break any laws, legal or moral.  Its just friends discussing with friends.  If you are offended by it or take it to heart there is a very simple way to deal with it, either complain to a moderator and get denied or just dont click on the title to enter the thread.  Very simple.

Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.