Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will just leave this here...

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: I will just leave this here...

@willwar14 wrote:
Hate to say it, there might be something to this... My mom applied for Ritz and Hyatt on late 5/22 night, both have 2 week message, and verification said its being handled by lending, pulled ex at 802, so.. Btw usually with 5/24 it gets insta denied with 7-10 day message, not 2 weeks, so maybe it's if your past 5/24 your app gets manually reviewed?

That may be related to applying for two products consecutively rather than this new criteria. I think your mom is in good shape with her CS.

Message 11 of 31
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I hollered @ the 4/20 mentioned 😂😂😭😭
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 31
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Also, I've never got why it's a bad idea to call Chase if your app goes into pending status. Can someone please explain??
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoroLucky wrote:
Also, I've never got why it's a bad idea to call Chase if your app goes into pending status. Can someone please explain??

You might trigger an instant denial from them accessing your app. It's best to let it ride and let them contact you if they need info. You don't want them to look, since essentially if the 5/24 rule is now in effect, it could affect you getting the card through lending. 

Message 14 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I did chase marriott biz on 5/21. 6 inqs in the last 24 months on EX and EQ.
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth here - my final pre-garden app was for an Ink Plus on 5/18 and as of tonight the dear sweet wonderful robo lady is still telling me 30 days. I'm pretty sure this will go through soon, so that may be a data point to support the "apps submitted prior to 5/22" theory.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am also slightly suspicious, as these articles are all just repeating each other and all happen to be posted on May 24th, 5/24

Yeah, I was just about to make the same observation.  Seems a bit too coincidental that 5/24 is implimented/reported on 5/24.

Message 17 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

I also would take this with a grain of big rock salt until we have more data and here's why 

This is the same author that predicted the 5/24 rule per his Chase sources would be applied in March and set the web on fire with IMHO rumors 

Then said in April 

Now we're in May and here we go again 

I'm starting to believe

1) the author is like one of those physics that say the week before New years every year the world will end Jan 1, XXXX

2) sooner or later they're bound to be right although I doubt New years day possibility tho ....SMH

3) the one I believe the most is trying to drive readers to get more advertising to a site that's in my eyes is outdated and 50% right SOMETIMES and pure worthless IMHO 

I stopped reading it long ago when I realized more than half the info was incorrect and geared toward advertisers marketing 

Just my lone view tho 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 31
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know how true this is.. I just applied for a Chase business Marriott card for the 100k point sign up bonus and was approved and I for sure have more than 5 in 24 months... And I think I applied on the 23rd..
Message 19 of 31
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Doctor of credit is a quack, I don't even think he's a real doctor, he just plays one on the Internet. Until you start seeing a consistent pattern of denial threads take this with a grain of salt.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.