Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish INQ didn't count...

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I wish INQ didn't count...

Oh, well, that makes sense, then.

I despise shopping so much that I have to beg my daughter to go buy a skirt from J.Crew with my card, just so that I don't have to fool with it. Smiley Very Happy

I hit a total of 12 cards at one point, and now I'm down to 10. I think I'm going to consolidate the two USAA cards, closing the AmEx, and then either Chase or a store card is next on the chopping block.

Chacun a son gout! --as long as people can actually manage all their cards, as opposed to using magical thinking to allow themselves to run up debt that they can never, ever pay...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I wish INQ didn't count...

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Oh, well, that makes sense, then.

I despise shopping so much that I have to beg my daughter to go buy a skirt from J.Crew with my card, just so that I don't have to fool with it. Smiley Very Happy

I hit a total of 12 cards at one point, and now I'm down to 10. I think I'm going to consolidate the two USAA cards, closing the AmEx, and then either Chase or a store card is next on the chopping block.

Chacun a son gout! --as long as people can actually manage all their cards, as opposed to using magical thinking to allow themselves to run up debt that they can never, ever pay...

I never could figure out banks who insist on giving CLs that would take you a year of spending to use up.  I'm quite good in the self restraint area so I'm sure I'd never max out even one card let alone all of them.  The worst thing that could happen -- and it does happen often -- is going out to eat with the family I spend an extra $20 over what I usually would spend if I watched every penny. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.