cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder how BT payments look on receiving end...

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I wonder how BT payments look on receiving end...

Do you think CC companies can tell when an EFT BT posts to an account that it was a BT?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: I wonder how BT payments look on receiving end...

I'm sure they probably know.  Do they care?  Probably not.  They're getting paid, that's what's important.

That said, the times I have done BTs I have generally deposited the money to my checking account and then paid them myself.  

Message 2 of 4
buggie
New Contributor

Good question! I have wondered it myself, as I just did my first BT ever. I did see the option to deposit it to my bank account, but I was afraid that would make it look like a cash advance instead of a BT.

Message 3 of 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

I'm sure they probably know.  Do they care?  Probably not.  They're getting paid, that's what's important.

That said, the times I have done BTs I have generally deposited the money to my checking account and then paid them myself.  

Agreed.

I just got a new USAA Amex and am going to take advantage of a BT offer. I usually pay my CCs out of my USAA checking account so I'm thinking I might as well just do the BT online and not wait for the checks.

I know....these are First World problems. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.