cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder what Cabela's buy out means for the visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what Cabela's buy out means for the visa?

I was just approved for a Cabela's visa. I read Bass Pro is likely buying them out and I do know BOA backs the bass pro credit card. I burned BOA in BK 3 years ago soooo I wonder what that means for those of us with Cabela's cards BOA doesn't like 😭
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I wonder what Cabela's buy out means for the visa?

At this point, assuming there will be a buyout is premature until we hear confirmation.

The latest news mentions that Bass Pro Shops is considering the matter and no decisions have been made. This happens quite a bit with corporations and for all we know, there may be more than one offer on the table, or the talks may not ultimately result in a buyout. Neither Cabela's nor Bass Pro Shops has provided any comment at this juncture.

The news also says that Cabela's is exploring multiple options, and has reached out to private equity firms to see who among them may be interested from those private equity groups as well.

It's something that will be interesting to keep an eye on for further developments, certainly. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: I wonder what Cabela's buy out means for the visa?

Its just speculation as of now. Also, keep in mind buyouts take many months to a year to actually happen. So it will be a long time before anything would be announced re: the credit card.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.