I would like a Citi Diamond Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like a Citi Diamond Amex

I would like to say hello to all on board

Heres the deal.......I will look to apply in 2 mos
Experian score as of today 650

13 credit card accounts about half with balances.. half of the ones with balances are below 50% util, many are limits less than 700 bucks(I will kill these if I get card, not very old cards)

Opened about 5 cards last month to snowball util. Total around 70% avail on 15000 in unsecured credit

never late never ever....on anything! PIF on balaces less than 100bucks

1 med collection from 2005

HHI 50+

The strategy is to BT some of the crap cards to pay off faster and drive CLI on accounts I want to keep. I prefer to app for a card that will pull Experian that Is NOT AMEX(centurion bank, I tried), Or BOA(I have, one is enough).
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: I would like a Citi Diamond Amex

Citi pulled EQ on me yesterday. How is your EQ score?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its like 615 but, I don't think that will cut it at all, even in 2 mos.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

newmoneydk wrote:
I would like to say hello to all on board

Heres the deal.......I will look to apply in 2 mos
Experian score as of today 650

13 credit card accounts about half with balances.. half of the ones with balances are below 50% util, many are limits less than 700 bucks(I will kill these if I get card, not very old cards)

Opened about 5 cards last month to snowball util. Total around 70% avail on 15000 in unsecured credit

never late never ever....on anything! PIF on balaces less than 100bucks

1 med collection from 2005

HHI 50+

The strategy is to BT some of the crap cards to pay off faster and drive CLI on accounts I want to keep. I prefer to app for a card that will pull Experian that Is NOT AMEX(centurion bank, I tried), Or BOA(I have, one is enough).

Citi likes EQ, but has been known to pull any of the three.  You may luck out and they may pull EX for you.  Even if they do, though, Citi can be tough, and I wouldn't be too too confident with 650 and a 3-yr old CA.

Also, 5 new cards is the last month is going to raise red flags with almost anybody.

If you have other non-CC accounts with balances (like installment loans), you might consider paying off a few more of your CCs.  You said half of your CCs have balances, but FICO should give you a nice little boost of a few points when half or fewer of your total accounts have balances on them.  It takes all of your accounts into consideration for this, not just your CCs.

Maybe WaMu?  They pulled EX on me in NY, although I've heard they also pull TU.  Their starting CLs are also relatively generous.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-16-2008 10:33 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They (new accnts) havent all posted yet, but I have gotten a score boost from some, some 40 pts(no joke). WaMu pulls TU where I am from(VA). But I notice co branded amex stick with EXP alot from what I hear. I just wanted to know from the pros.

Good advice on the accounts........ 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

newmoneydk wrote:
They (new accnts) havent all posted yet, but I have gotten a score boost from some, some 40 pts(no joke). WaMu pulls TU where I am from(VA). But I notice co branded amex stick with EXP alot from what I hear. I just wanted to know from the pros.

Good advice on the accounts........ 

Wow, 40 points.  They must really be helping your util.

Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Newmoney, for what it's worth, I live in Virginia also and Citi pulled EQ, so it seems kinda likely they will pull EQ on you as well.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.