Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IChase is preapproving checking account customers without doing a hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IChase is preapproving checking account customers without doing a hard pull

My associate was approved for a chase visa with a CL of 4000. This associate has several collections on his Cr and low scores of 500. He called to reset his checking account pass word and he was told "by the way, would you be interested in a visa credit card, He said he laughed because he had never had a credit card. The CSR asked his mother's maiden name and verfied his address. He received the card 5 days later. I tested this by calling and asking about my debit card, I too was told that I had been preapproved for a visa and my CL was 7000, I asked if she was sure because my TU Fico is 624 with numerous charge offs, she assured me that my card was being mailed out. and she proceeded to verify my mailing address. She then told me that she would have to read to me the terms and I would have to state that I agreed to them. The percentage was 7.?.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: IChase is preapproving checking account customers without doing a hard pull

MMmmm.........Chase usually pulls EXP.

Congrats. shay.........what state are you in?

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

nice shaygol, though it certainly  sounds unusual, hmmm., i wonder if checking accounts formerly known as 'wamu' are included in this 'no inq. festival'?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Cant wait for chase to make it out to so cal....

Message 4 of 8
first48
Frequent Contributor

Were you calling a certain number.  My BF has a chase account and has no credit cards.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Chase to get a better understanding. They look at your account for available offers (which includes preapprovals). Not all accounts will have offers available.

@Anonymous wrote:
My associate was approved for a chase visa with a CL of 4000. This associate has several collections on his Cr and low scores of 500. He called to reset his checking account pass word and he was told "by the way, would you be interested in a visa credit card, He said he laughed because he had never had a credit card. The CSR asked his mother's maiden name and verfied his address. He received the card 5 days later. I tested this by calling and asking about my debit card, I too was told that I had been preapproved for a visa and my CL was 7000, I asked if she was sure because my TU Fico is 624 with numerous charge offs, she assured me that my card was being mailed out. and she proceeded to verify my mailing address. She then told me that she would have to read to me the terms and I would have to state that I agreed to them. The percentage was 7.?.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

800-226-5663
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had checking accounts with Chase for about 2 years.  About six months ago, I received a pre-approval for a Signature Visa card at the ATM when I went to take out some cash.  I accepted the offer and received the card about a week later with a CL of $11,000.  They did do a hard pull, though, via TU.  My FICO at the time was 682 with no baddies in the last 3 years.  I also had several inquiries due to a recent mortgage I got a couple months ago.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.