cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF denied, creditor MUST provide Bureau used and Score used right?

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: IF denied, creditor MUST provide Bureau used and Score used right?

I'm no legal expert by any means,  but it's my understanding that they must only provide you a reason as to why they don't want to extend credit... hence,  if your score was not a determining factor then they don't have to supply it. All you're entitled to is a reason and a copy of your credit report, as far as I know. 

Photobucket
Message 11 of 39
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

I cant believe you couldnt recon..I was able to do it for the diamond with my first try

Message 12 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know lionsfan!! I talked to several old white ladies... and they all said FICO too low and too many newly opened accounts.. but they told me a plethora of conflicting info...

and so I don't even get why I was denied....

They said they only consider accounts opened in the past 60 days as newly opened accounts.. but none of mine are that recent....I don't even have many inqs recently except for my new Amex/Discover.. and theirs.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 39
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

my reason for denial was too many inquires which I explained was due to school loans..I also had a new amex opened in july and a new discover opened in oct so I dont think that could have been it for you..this is the case with any business no matter what they specialize in..you will always get a different answer from rep to rep..just poor training

Edit: ALso , my fico at approval was like 720 or a few points lower so that must be a lie for you as well

Message 14 of 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

It's one thing to post on the board about a denial and ask for advice as to what one can work on to get an approval next time.  It's entirely another thing to get denied and blame the card issuer for it.  Between people whining when they get denied and Credit314 posting "Congrats" and "+1" in every thread, I get irritated.  

I also get irritated by people who think they're too cool for turn signals.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm just plain allergic to all people who suffer from Special Snowflake Syndrome.  

I'm glad to share what I've learned with people who come here seeking information.  This thread must have just pushed the wrong button.

(You should see me in court.)

Message 15 of 39
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

It's one thing to post on the board about a denial and ask for advice as to what one can work on to get an approval next time.  It's entirely another thing to get denied and blame the card issuer for it.  Between people whining when they get denied and Credit314 posting "Congrats" and "+1" in every thread, I get irritated.  

I also get irritated by people who think they're too cool for turn signals.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm just plain allergic to all people who suffer from Special Snowflake Syndrome.  

I'm glad to share what I've learned with people who come here seeking information.  This thread must have just pushed the wrong button.

(You should see me in court.)

you must be one of those people that drives slow down the left lane and refuses to move

Message 16 of 39
bradpitt
Valued Member

You could try to recon again.  Maybe you will get a person that doesn't have white hair. 

...You got to take the good with the bad.
At least you know GE loves you. Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

you must be one of those people that drives slow down the left lane and refuses to move

I'm one of those people who pass on the left and move over when done passing.  I also signal each lane change.  And, I wave when people let me into their lane in heavy traffic, although I try to be in the proper lane before traffic gets heavy.  What's your point?

Message 18 of 39
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

that you shouldnt care what other people do. I hate the idea of people smoking weed or getting piss drunk but thats not my life..its theirs..if someone doesnt want to use a turn signal then why does that affect you..your just one of those people that loves to complain about anything and everything

Message 19 of 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

that you shouldnt care what other people do. I hate the idea of people smoking weed or getting piss drunk but thats not my life..its theirs..if someone doesnt want to use a turn signal then why does that affect you..your just one of those people that loves to complain about anything and everything

I get it now.  You're taking the turn signal thing personally.  

I get irritated because turning and switching lanes without signaling endangers other drivers, including me.  That's why I care.  Taking a laissez faire approach to living in a community defeats the purpose of community.

By the way, keep making sweeping generalizations about who I am based on snippets I've written in an internet forum.  It's working well for you.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.