cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?  role play for a minute, you just won the $500M powerball, used your attorney to hide your identity, cashed it out and paid off all your bills, setup a trust fund that is being professionaly managed for investment return -- basically money no object, your credit is now steller, but you want to simplify your life.  what credit card would you choose and why?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?

obvious answer would be the amex centurion. 

but since money is no object you dont need credit 

cash for everything in crisp new bills 100's,50's and 20's

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 16
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

It would obviously be either Visa or MC for me, not Discover or Amex for the simple reason of wider acceptance of first two payment systems almost everywhere in the world compared to the latter ones.

As long as with such a fortune cashback or any other perks are unlikely to matter :-), I would probably just choose something like JPM Select Visa Signature...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 3 of 16
brother7
Established Contributor

@mikka1 wrote:

It would obviously be either Visa or MC for me... for the simple reason of wider acceptance.

As long as with such a fortune cashback or any other perks are unlikely to matter :-), I would probably just choose something like JPM Select Visa Signature...

After reading this review, I would tend to agree... J.P. Morgan Palladium card it is!

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 16
Smug
Established Contributor

@brother7 wrote:

@mikka1 wrote:

It would obviously be either Visa or MC for me... for the simple reason of wider acceptance.

After reading this review, I would tend to agree... J.P. Morgan Palladium card it is!

Ditto!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 16
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?  role play for a minute, you just won the $500M powerball, used your attorney to hide your identity, cashed it out and paid off all your bills, setup a trust fund that is being professionaly managed for investment return -- basically money no object, your credit is now steller, but you want to simplify your life.  what credit card would you choose and why?

One that I would not have to pay back.......!Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 16
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

A card that offers 0% F.E. fees because im traveling if i won that kind of money.

Message 7 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

As mikka1 said, American Express is not accepted everywhere, but if in this scenario they are, I would choose the Fidelity Invenstments 2% card. Other than that, I would choose the PNC Cashbuilder at 1.75% cashback.

Message 8 of 16
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex Centurian.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 16
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Centurion. If I couldnt get that, Credit One Platinum.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.