cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG® Rewards Club, anyone heard of this card?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

IHG® Rewards Club, anyone heard of this card?

according to the website, 

• Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
  • Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
  • Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
  • Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
  • Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
  • $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49

Looks like Chase marriot.. just that i am not sure the points value.. and not sure if it's redeemable widely..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IHG® Rewards Club, anyone heard of this card?

It's a terrific card. I made a thread about this card myself a few months ago.

IHG points don't have nearly as much value as, say, Hyatt points, but the free annual nights stay in IHG properties with just a $49 annual fee makes the card worth it for the free night alone. Even a night at a Holiday Inn is going to run you more than $49.

Message 2 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

I WANT! Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

according to the website, 

• Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
  • Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
  • Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
  • Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
  • Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
  • $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49

Looks like Chase marriot.. just that i am not sure the points value.. and not sure if it's redeemable widely..

Im waiting for the 80k deal to apply. IhG is one of the largest hotel chain in the world, and those sweet point break deal is awesome 

Message 4 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

This card is on my wishlist after gardening period is over  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I've had this card for a little over a year, it's my main hotel card as I usually stay at IHG properties when I travel.

Things to add: card holders will usually get 500 bonus points at check in, some hotels have been offering this instead of the 'welcome bag' (chips and water).

There's always some points challenge being offered by IHG. For example, stay X amount of nights within a certain time frame and get X amount of bonus points.

Kimpton hotels should be part of the IHG brand soon, I believe it's the US's largest boutique hotel chain, they have nice properties.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 6 of 21
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I've always based this card because I have a bunch of Holiday Inns around my area that don't look too good... But one free night at an intercontinental for $49 is hard to pass up on. I'll be adding this card soon
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice card indeed. Wife has one, picked up with 80K bonus w $1,000 spend.
Message 8 of 21
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I have one and my wife has one, they are great cards.  Used 1 free night at an intercontinental in san francisco, and it was $1100 value, surprised they let me use it.  

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@weehoo wrote:

I have one and my wife has one, they are great cards.  Used 1 free night at an intercontinental in san francisco, and it was $1100 value, surprised they let me use it.  

Very nicely done!!!!!

Oh man... now I've got myself second guessing. Marriott or IHG? IHG or Marriott? Hmmm...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.