cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG® Rewards Club, anyone heard of this card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IHG® Rewards Club, anyone heard of this card?

Both.
Message 11 of 21
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I would certainly get the IHG. If you look at just the free night per year, that means you can stay at 1000s of hotels for $45 once a year. Pays for itself no matter where you stay
Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@weehoo wrote:
I would certainly get the IHG. If you look at just the free night per year, that means you can stay at 1000s of hotels for $45 once a year. Pays for itself no matter where you stay

This is definitely a good point and definitely something I'm taking into consideration. The IHG is definitely a better value than the Marriott. On the other hand, the Marriott is metal and so effing sexy. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Both

I knew you would say that Nixon. Smiley Tongue Maybe in July I should do a double app for both and hopefully minimize my hard pulls.

Message 13 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

This is definitely a good point and definitely something I'm taking into consideration. The IHG is definitely a better value than the Marriott. On the other hand, the Marriott is metal and so effing sexy. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Both

I knew you would say that Nixon. Smiley Tongue Maybe in July I should do a double app for both and hopefully minimize my hard pulls.

Kêp in mind mariott's recent devaluation 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a manager at one of the Crowne Plazas which is an IHG property and it's beautiful. They have some amazing properties. It also gives you Platinum status which gives you complimentary upgrades and late checkouts. I'll get the card eventually just too many new accounts Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Me must have this card. IHG and AARP. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I have this card and it's great. Looking forward to using the free night during my twice yearly Amsterdam trip this summer for Pride. I always stay at the Crowne Plaza city center. The location can't be beat....and it's far less stuffy than the IC.
Message 17 of 21
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The IHG is definitely a better value than the Marriott. On the other hand, the Marriott is metal and so effing sexy. 

Yeah, the Marriott is so SEXY that's why I got it first.

IHG is next for me, probably at the end of the year when I close out Slate and Southwest.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 18 of 21
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I have this card as well.  I've had it almost two years.  I've yet to use my first night.  The free night is the best thing,  even with a $49 af.   Its my only card that has a af.

Message 19 of 21
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I don't know how to search which hotels are their property online..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.