Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG, multiple rooms for award nights

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IHG, multiple rooms for award nights

I know I need to book reward nights one room at a time at IHG. Does anything prevent me from booking a second (or third) room as a reward night (same property, room type, same night, paying with points) so long as I book it in a separate transaction after the first room?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IHG, multiple rooms for award nights

My plans changed before booking, so the question remains unanswered.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any takers? Is it possible to have two rooms for the same night in the same hotel, presumably booked as two separate reservations, paying for both with points?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any takers? Is it possible to have two rooms for the same night in the same hotel, presumably booked as two separate reservations, paying for both with points?

If you have the points you can book as many rooms as you want.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have the points you can book as many rooms as you want.

I did just find the answer...or at least a partial answer.

The first award night has to be its own reservation. After that, I can duplicate the reservation. If I want 3 award rooms for my group, I'm still not sure if I can make one "duplicate" reservation of two rooms or if I'd need to make two reservations of one room, each. Either way, IHG's warnings of "X of these rooms left" would give me an idea of scarcity.

So, for anyone else looking, it's not limited to one room per night just because the website only allows one room per award reservation.

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

edit: easy with Marriott

multir.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.