Did you mean: 

IKEA Projekt Card

tag
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ikea Credit Card Coming Soon

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
People are crazy about the Ikea brand. The Card plans to offer rewards inside and outside Ikea, meaning Visa or MasterCard. The issuing company looks to be Alliance Data.

So, who's gonna be first to get this card and buy some meatballs?

I always wondered what people bought from that place. I never suspected it was the meatballs.

Iced,

You're missing out!!  LOL!  the meatballs are worth the trip to IKEA.  I don't know what it is, but those processed balls of meat are just so tasty!

Message 10 of 112
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I'm interested in this one, I remember getting a survey from Ikea in 2016 asking if I thought they should get a credit card...I said yes since you can do some major renovations with some of their options. So I saw this coming...oh boy

But, as many times as I have been to Ikea (which is with some regularity) I never eat the food...no particular reason...but maybe if I get the card I might be interested in sitting down and eating Smiley Very Happy

Also, I don't know anything about Alliance, so I'll be keeping an eyeout as details develop.

Message 11 of 112
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Alliance Data = Comenity.

They are the same company Smiley Wink So, if this will be a major card offered like a Visa, then the credit requirements will be a little more stringent, AND lets not forget what happens when you add a Major Comenity card to your mix when you have a store card with them......they shut you down.

So, anyone that already has a retail/store card with them, and then applies and gets approved for a major Visa with them....Id be very Leary in apping for it.

Just my two cents Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 112
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Ooohh...I'm jacked...

I have PayPal and Kay's darnit...well we will see what my portfolio looks like closer to offering...keeping in mind I absolutely do not need this card...but I want...

Message 13 of 112
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

They are the same company Smiley Wink So, if this will be a major card offered like a Visa, then the credit requirements will be a little more stringent, AND lets not forget what happens when you add a Major Comenity card to your mix when you have a store card with them......they shut you down.

So, anyone that already has a retail/store card with them, and then applies and gets approved for a major Visa with them....Id be very Leary in apping for it.

This is my only concern, they be cray cray that way!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

The meatballs are good, lol. Actually, pretty much everything I've had from the cafeteria has been good. My favorite time is when they run a special where you can feed your family for free; eat at the restaurant, then spend at least $100 on other stuff and get your meal total (up to $100) taken off your checkout amount. Went in a couple of months ago, fed me, my wife, in-laws and three houseguests and still didn't break $100, so I left $11 of free food on the table, lol.

We mostly buy kitchen utensils, cookware and other gadgets, shelves and storage boxes, rugs, and sometimes larger furniture.

I use the Usbank cash+ card for 5% at Ikea; in fact it's one of the few useful categories for me on that card anymore. Just a word to the wise: while the main registers code as furniture, the restaurant codes as restaurant, so you won't get 5% using the cash+ there. Not sure about the swedish food market or the bistro; maybe grocery and fast food?

I doubt I'd waste the inquiry on an Ikea card unless there's some spectacular sign on bonus, which seems unlikely.

Chris.
Message 15 of 112
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:

To be fair, I have my old Bill Me Now PayPal Credit account and have had no issues since getting the BJ's My Perks WMC (and have even had some small CLIs).

Message 16 of 112
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I doubt I'd waste the inquiry on an Ikea card unless there's some spectacular sign on bonus, which seems unlikely.

Great to know on the coding, but yeah a SUB would be awesome (and tempting)!  Spend $2000 in 3 months and get free doors for your PAX wardrobe!  Spend $1000 in 3 months, get a coupon for BOGO Billy book shelves.  DW and I have spent a lot of time at IKEA over the years and in multiple countries to boot.  Smiley Wink

Side note: IKEA locations in Canada serve beer in the cafeteria.

Message 17 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice to young people is alway save 10 percent of your salary and don't shop at Ikea.  

Message 18 of 112
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My advice to young people is alway save 10 percent of your salary and don't shop at Ikea.  

This!

... I'm not a bit interested in this, but if any of you tell my daughter about it, I will find you....  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 19 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.