Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA Projekt Card

tag
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ikea Credit Card Coming Soon

I agree, they really have some nice stuff and most doesn't look or feel cheap.  I too bought a house in last few years and realized it wasn't going to furnished new anytime soon.

I learned that curtains are typically sold by the panel... not at IKEA you can get a pair! Nice tall ones...also over the last couple years they purchased a forest and began making wood furniture.  My dining room table is from their skogsta collection, love it, it's solid and large (and quite heavy).

Anywho for those that haven't been...head in (plan to stay awhile) look around, eat (apparently the food is good).

I think this credit card will be dangerous for young folks...but west elm has one (even though maybe people are more caustious because it's more expensive)it seems to b doing ok...

Message 40 of 112
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
People are crazy about the Ikea brand. The Card plans to offer rewards inside and outside Ikea, meaning Visa or MasterCard. The issuing company looks to be Alliance Data.

So, who's gonna be first to get this card and buy some meatballs?

I always wondered what people bought from that place. I never suspected it was the meatballs.

Iced,

You're missing out!!  LOL!  the meatballs are worth the trip to IKEA.  I don't know what it is, but those processed balls of meat are just so tasty!

This is too funny, because a friend of mine just the other day was like...hey, lets go eat at Ikea.  Im like, What?? LOL...seriously?? 

Message 41 of 112
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Alliance Data = Comenity.

They are the same company Smiley Wink So, if this will be a major card offered like a Visa, then the credit requirements will be a little more stringent, AND lets not forget what happens when you add a Major Comenity card to your mix when you have a store card with them......they shut you down.

So, anyone that already has a retail/store card with them, and then applies and gets approved for a major Visa with them....Id be very Leary in apping for it.

Just my two cents Smiley Wink

IMO, that all depends on an individual's profile which is pretty much YEMV.  For instance, I've had my A&F, Elder Beerman, Barneys NY, PayPal Credit, J Crew store cards and in the mix True Value Discover, DSW, Sportsman's Guide, ORBITZ and recently closed my (sadly missed) Virgin America back in October given their partnership was coming to an end. 

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with adding an extra CC and being shutdown - but I'm still cautious just to be safe.  For sure I thought anything was possible knowing Comenity when I applied for Virgin America (Nov 2016) but nope.  I added ORBITZ in July of 2017 and had to go through verification and was approved without issues.  So far, all cards still work.

There are always a few exeptions to the rule, we know this....but, Comenity is a little on the jumpy side at times, so everyone needs to know that its always a possiblity their accounts could get closed which each new Comenity backed card that is added to their profile. You just never know.....

Message 42 of 112
arkane
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
People are crazy about the Ikea brand. The Card plans to offer rewards inside and outside Ikea, meaning Visa or MasterCard. The issuing company looks to be Alliance Data.

I always wondered what people bought from that place. I never suspected it was the meatballs.

Iced,

You're missing out!!  LOL!  the meatballs are worth the trip to IKEA.  I don't know what it is, but those processed balls of meat are just so tasty!

This is too funny, because a friend of mine just the other day was like...hey, lets go eat at Ikea.  Im like, What?? LOL...seriously?? 

Can confirm, Ikea meatballs are DA BOMB. Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 43 of 112
peghede
Valued Contributor

Ikea = Walmart of Europe.

Message 44 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Ikea = Walmart of Europe.

Heh?  I don't see it.  I think of Walmart as a discount/grocery/pharmacy/electronics/clothing store.  Ikea is a furniture/home improvement store with a restaurant.  I see very little overlap.  Ikea doesn't offer groceries, except for a small selection of Swedish specialties.  No pharmacy, no electronics to speak of, and no clothing.  Walmart has a bit of furniture, but very limited, and certainly not the modular type stuff that Ikea has.  And I don't know of any Walmart that has a full restaurant.  Am I missing something here?

Chris.

Message 45 of 112
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

One thing to always be aware of is that IKEA has a lot of product recalls.

allenkey.jpg

SO glad you found this - I was hoping someone would - one of my ALL TIME favorite "product recalls"

Message 46 of 112
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@arkane wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Iced,

Can confirm, Ikea meatballs are DA BOMB. Smiley Happy

Be sure to ask for extra lingonberry sauce on the side. AMAZING stuff.

Message 47 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please tell me that product recall image above is a joke.  lol

Message 48 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope the card is assembled.  Getting the account number with its 16 digits to line up just right will take a lot of time and a steady hand.

Message 49 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.