IKEA Projekt Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IKEA Projekt Card

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi All,

Anyone have any feedback on this new card from IKEA. I am curious on the approval odds and minimums. Thanks!

Here’s a prequalify link (soft pull with option to apply): https://comenity.net/ikeaprojekt/pub/prequalify/Prequalify.xhtml?cmp=476_web_prequal_ikea 

It is indeed financed by Comenity. Minimum purchase amount seems to be $5,000.  For the prequalify tool, you input the amount you’d like to be considered for. If preapproved, it gives you the amount you’re prequalified for and invites you to apply. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Are you sure its a soft pull?...I thought they only required last 4 not the whole SS# 

Message 61 of 112
chaos51
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi All,

Anyone have any feedback on this new card from IKEA. I am curious on the approval odds and minimums. Thanks!

Here’s a prequalify link (soft pull with option to apply): https://comenity.net/ikeaprojekt/pub/prequalify/Prequalify.xhtml?cmp=476_web_prequal_ikea 

It is indeed financed by Comenity. Minimum purchase amount seems to be $5,000.  For the prequalify tool, you input the amount you’d like to be considered for. If preapproved, it gives you the amount you’re prequalified for and invites you to apply. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Are you sure its a soft pull?...I thought they only required last 4 not the whole SS# 

A few CC companies require your full SSN, such as Capital One and Discover. I think since they are prequalifying you for a specific amount, they are looking for more data. 

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 62 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s a SP. I did it with no alerts occurring anywhere. It also indicates on the “Congratulations” page that the preapproved amount may change based on a full credit report pull. 

Message 63 of 112
chaos51
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

It’s a SP. I did it with no alerts occurring anywhere. It also indicates on the “Congratulations” page that the preapproved amount may change based on a full credit report pull. 

I got an alert, but only an identity alert saying that a new application has been started, but no information would show up on my credit report.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 64 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an unable to prequalify me alert so a little concerned. It said I could still apply but may not hold off. I am around 700 CS.

Message 65 of 112
digitek
Established Contributor

Just read some of the benefits and it seems a low APR for purchasing certain items for a few months is the only real benefit?

Other stuff listed is like the Ikea magazine and catalog, news about events at stores and stuff like that.

Anything else actually worth something with this card?

Message 66 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have a heck of a time spending $5k at Ikea, although I really like the set of kitchen knives we bought there several years ago.  They were really inexpensive but sharpen well and holding up so far.

Their furniture doesn't suit the style of the house we're building.  We got rid of every stick of furniture from our old house except our mattress and box spring so we'll be spending a pile on furnishings, just not at Ikea.  

Message 67 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not going to be tempting enough for many people, but it will still draw in some in to increase sales.

Do like some of their styles, but some are way over the top.

We have bought stuff there in the past and go maybe once a year or two.

Would have to refurnish a home to purchase $5000 @ikea and i dont think i would want to.

Taking 5+ years to pay off home furnishings, does not sound like a good ikea, oops... idea... even worse at 4.99% apr

Message 68 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I got an unable to prequalify me alert so a little concerned. It said I could still apply but may not hold off. I am around 700 CS.

Are your reports frozen?

I think they anticipate folks who want home renovations but don’t have the cash on hand to do so to apply for this card such as kitchen remodeling.  Agreed 4.99% is not the best way to go about doing that.   Though I doubt they’ll have a problem with people applying. Furniture stores always get people on the hook with their store cards although it’s normally with a 0% offer. 

Message 69 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that is what I was thinking, sooo many 0% cards out there, for 15-22 months or so. 

Then could always BT to another if need more time. even 2-3% fee to transfer is less. 0% is even better.

But yes many out there will apply. 

Consumerism at its best!

Message 70 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.