Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOME VERIFICATION (DISCOVER)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: INCOME VERIFICATION (DISCOVER)

@smc733 wrote:

Even though I'm always 100% honest about income, this is worse than Amex asking for a 4506.  Can't wait to dump Discover.

I can't see how it is worse.

With a 4506 the creditor can determine if you are divorced, how many dependants you have and each one's SSN, age and possibly income, how much you have in your IRAs, certain medical expenses, how much you pay in real estate taxes, charitable donations, if you own a new car and much more.

The only thing more intrusive would be visiting your proctologist.

Message 21 of 25
JonStur
Established Contributor

It's scary the type and amount of info about us that is floating around in the cyberworld...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 22 of 25
DI
Super Contributor

@JonStur wrote:
It's scary the type and amount of info about us that is floating around in the cyberworld...

Sure is!  I'm always googling my name to see what come up.  Spokeo dot com spooked me. 

Message 23 of 25
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Their website is quite illuminating.

Nice how my employer doesn't participate.  Smiley Happy

On a related note, I can see this service could have unlimited potential for use by judgment creditors and even debt collectors.   

Did you have to sign up to see if your employer participates or did you figure out how to navigate to that info?  Thanks.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Their website is quite illuminating.

Nice how my employer doesn't participate.  Smiley Happy

On a related note, I can see this service could have unlimited potential for use by judgment creditors and even debt collectors.   

Did you have to sign up to see if your employer participates or did you figure out how to navigate to that info?  Thanks.

I didn't sign up.  There's a way to reach a list of all participating employers, but even before I found the list I knew my employer would never provide data to a third party service like that.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.