Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ING Direct LOC?

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

ING Direct LOC?

Does the LOC repot to the credit report if you use it well? One rep said yes one said it may or may not report. Has anyone had thier LOC report?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: ING Direct LOC?

Good question. I have never seen mine report, but I have never needed to use it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is LOC?

Message 3 of 10
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is LOC?

LOC = Line of Credit

In the case being asked about here, they are referring to the LOC attached to an online checking account (for overdraft protection) from ING Direct, FSB (now wholly owned by Capital One).  

The LOC on my account does not show on any credit report so far.

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 4 of 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I would like it to report as it is a LOC a little diffrent then a credit card line.

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I don't think it does, I ended up closing my ING account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

ING Direct Overdraft LOC doesn't report. Only Orange Loan Account reports. You cannot apply for it. They offer it to you thru pre-approval.  I know a few people get it.

Ron.

Message 7 of 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I have spole to a person that has overdraft LOC and they said it does report.

Message 8 of 10
namvet
Established Contributor

My ING line of credit did not report to the credit bureaus.

Message 9 of 10
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I have had a $1,000 Overdraft Line of Credit on my ING Electric Orange account for several years now and can confirm that it does not report.  This OLOC comes up from time to time on here and at one point someone had received a fun response from ING on the subject, something along the lines of ING reports OLOC's over $1000 to the bureaus, but does not issues OLOC's over $1000, or some such nonsense.

Bottom line, no, it won't report... at least not until you mess up something and don't pay it back within the allotted timeframe (7 days? 14 days? I forget.)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.