Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ING Electric Orange Card Question

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

ING Electric Orange Card Question

Alright, so not technically a credit card, rather a Mastercard debit card, but I'm feeling lucky. Smiley Happy

Anyone know whether ING's debit card includes any Mastercard benefits, such as return protection, extended warranty, etc?  I think it's pretty uncommon to find those features on a check card, but I did notice a while back that Suntrust's check cards (which are also Mastercard branded) do provide those benefits.

It's been so long since I got my EO card I don't have any of the paperwork that might have come with it.  I may call ING sometime this week and ask them if nobody here knows.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
annab

Re: ING Electric Orange Card Question

Debit cards don't usually offer those kind of benefits...

I checked out the mastercard website for you, the benefits are pretty standard and minimal for debit cards. http://www.mastercard.us/debit-card-standard.html
Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Message 2 of 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I believe what SunTrust is offering is the enhanced version of the Mastercard debit card:

http://www.mastercard.us/debit-card-enhanced.html

Thanks for the link.  There's no telling which flavor the ING card is, so I'll probably have to check with them this week.

Message 3 of 7
djrez4
Established Contributor

I have the Electric Orange debti card for my ING account.  It doesn't come with anything special.  It also doesn't run on the usual debit networks - I can't use it at Costco for purchases.  If the Electric Orange is your main account, get one.  But, it's no more useful than any other debit.

Message 4 of 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I already have one... have had it for years.  I've never had a problem with acceptance.

Message 5 of 7
annab

You can't use your mastercard @ Costco because they do not accept mastercard or visa. It has nothing to do with the card itself.

If you want to use your MC there, then just order the Costco gift card online with your MC and use that as your payment method in stores
Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Or just get an AMEX, their exclusive card for Costco.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.