Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

ING Electric Orange Card Question

Alright, so not technically a credit card, rather a Mastercard debit card, but I'm feeling lucky. Smiley Happy

Anyone know whether ING's debit card includes any Mastercard benefits, such as return protection, extended warranty, etc?  I think it's pretty uncommon to find those features on a check card, but I did notice a while back that Suntrust's check cards (which are also Mastercard branded) do provide those benefits.

It's been so long since I got my EO card I don't have any of the paperwork that might have come with it.  I may call ING sometime this week and ask them if nobody here knows.

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)

Re: ING Electric Orange Card Question

Debit cards don't usually offer those kind of benefits...

I checked out the mastercard website for you, the benefits are pretty standard and minimal for debit cards. http://www.mastercard.us/debit-card-standard.html
Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Frequent Contributor

I believe what SunTrust is offering is the enhanced version of the Mastercard debit card:

http://www.mastercard.us/debit-card-enhanced.html

Thanks for the link.  There's no telling which flavor the ING card is, so I'll probably have to check with them this week.

5/2002 - Chapter 7
Established Contributor

I have the Electric Orange debti card for my ING account.  It doesn't come with anything special.  It also doesn't run on the usual debit networks - I can't use it at Costco for purchases.  If the Electric Orange is your main account, get one.  But, it's no more useful than any other debit.

Frequent Contributor

I already have one... have had it for years.  I've never had a problem with acceptance.

5/2002 - Chapter 7

You can't use your mastercard @ Costco because they do not accept mastercard or visa. It has nothing to do with the card itself.

If you want to use your MC there, then just order the Costco gift card online with your MC and use that as your payment method in stores
Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Mega Contributor

Or just get an AMEX, their exclusive card for Costco.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.