Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INQ CC Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

INQ CC Question

So, different areas of the country pull different CRA's. For example here in CA my EX gets pulled a lot more than TU and EQ. (Which is another reason to be PO'd about their decision to deprive us of true FICO scores). 

So, a few questions... in your part of the country who pulls the most?

Do CC companies use only CC INQ's when making their manual decisions? 

Does PFICO INQ's only list CC INQ's? Do only CC INQ's count for PFICO scores?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: INQ CC Question

i have a total of 13 inqs. (mostly major cc) on my cbr.  they're all EX and all almost two years old (NYC).

imho, pfico deducts more heavily for cc inqs and new accounts but i believe all inqs are considered.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

i have a total of 13 inqs. (mostly major cc) on my cbr.  they're all EX and all almost two years old (NYC).

imho, pfico deducts more heavily for cc inqs and new accounts but i believe all inqs are considered.

I was thinking that is how they handled PFico. I too am in the 13 INQ boat on EX only 4 from CC's though. Most from auto loans, apartments, cable tv,  etc... I don't mind an apartment complex and cable tv running my credit, but I think all of those should be soft pulls. They get the same info from a soft don't they?

That brings me to my dilemma... My real FICO scores are now good enough to try for a decent unsecured card, but I am scared because of EX.  If I could find a CC that pulls TU or EQ in California I would be set!!! (They each only have 3 INQ's)  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Discover card and it pulled TU. I'm in Nevada, not CA but pretty darn close.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

in my experience in california chase always pulls EQ(5 out of 5 apps my family have done in last few months)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in Arizona, my inquiries for Costco Amex, Discover More, and Chase Amazon all went to Experian. My only EQ inquiry was regarding a checking account with an online bank in Delaware or Maryland (don't remember).
Message 6 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Here in Arizona, my inquiries for Costco Amex, Discover More, and Chase Amazon all went to Experian. My only EQ inquiry was regarding a checking account with an online bank in Delaware or Maryland (don't remember).

my Discover More inq went hard to TU and soft on EQ (NYC).
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm from the Chicago IL area it seems like everyone here pulls either EX OR TU that has been my experience my EQ report has very little inquries.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas, TX here.  13 or so inquiries over the last 2 years.... ALL pulled Ex, 2/3 pulled EQ and 1/3 pulled TU.
Message 9 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

In TX, TU and EQ seem popular.  My last EX INQ was when I got my mortgage 5+ years ago.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.