Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INQ Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

INQ Question

Are the reports we buy and see the same lenders (CCC's) buy and see? 

The reason I ask is I was just denied for a Nordstrom card this week, and they said # of INQ's was the reason. They pulled TU which only has 4 INQ's for me... I know because the day after I got the decline letter I got ym free report from TU, and I can see the 4 hard INQ's... now comes the odd part.

I called for a recon, got a CSR in the US who said the credit decisions are made at another office, I was transferred to India. The CSR in India said they do not recon, but he would be happy to go over my report and tell me what to improve so I can get the card next time I apply... okay I thought, what the hell... so we noted my positive accounts, never late, always paid. Less than 10 percent utilization... blah blah blah, we get to the INQ's, I say four doesn't seem that high to me, he says Mr. Brown I see six Inq's, 

My TU from TU on 11/06/2008:

Credco Automotive (6/14)

Mercedes Benz Financial (6/14)

Capital One (6/15)

Nordstrom (11/02)

His TU from 11/02/2008:

Credco Automotive (6/14)

Mercedes Benz Financial (6/14)

Capital One (6/15)

HSBC (10/23)

Best Buy (9/2)

Nordstrom (11/02)

Yes, I did apply at Best Buy in September, but they pulled EQ, declined me, and it is on my EQ report. I have an HSBC card already (reason given for my Best Buy decline by the way, and they do not recon) why did HSBC pull my credit on October 23? 4 month review? It is a secured card, so I do not understand that one at all...

My main question is though, why does their TU have more INQ's than my TU?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: INQ Question

Let's just say TU has had some issues with their inquiries. Sometimes they come up MIA when they shouldn't actually.

Could the CSR possibly have softed your EQ for reference since he is stating a pull noted on that bureau?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my EQ and EX on Saturday, no softs from Nordstrom. In fact when I heard they pulled TU I was happy, I thought for sure I'd get the card. Now I am bummed. 

Nordstrom does not recon either, double bummer!  

Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.