Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTANT APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT VIA PRE-APPROVED MAIL OFFER

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

INSTANT APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT VIA PRE-APPROVED MAIL OFFER

Just had to do it, went on-line this morning did the online app and was instantly approved for $4,200.00.  0% for BT and Purch APR until 12/2010 also stating thereafter Prime rate+ 15.74%, currently 18.99% will follow ( Do not know is this is Rate 2 or 3)  No annual fee and extra cash benefit giving 100 bonus dollar points to get started. 

Hard Pull EQ prior score 679 after hard pull still 679 had 4 inquiries affecting score now 5 with Citi  (was soft pulled on EX 3/22)

Found it strange EQ was pulled but I quess better for me cleaner report than other 2 but do have 2 collections 1 paid and 1 unpaid

1 paid to come off in 2012

1 unpaid due to come off in July this year

Hope this information helps anyone interested.  Always been lucky with pre-approved offers never declined yet, just a chance to take

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: INSTANT APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT VIA PRE-APPROVED MAIL OFFER

congrats!  I've had this card for a few years and really liked it. 

I didn't like when it was RJ to 29.99 for no easily identifiable reason.  Fortunately they agreed to restore the APR to 10.24 where it is today.

Even though it is a pif card 29.99 was an insult to my intelligence or lack thereof, lol. 

If you plan to revolve, have a plan B set up from the outset, since citi can be tricky.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 6
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  I think my Fico's were high 600's when I apped last summer.  When I apped it wasn't from a preapproval letter I just apped on the site and was approved.

It's a very good card- take care of it and keep an eye out for the credit limit increase button ("luv" button) on the site.

I like the way this card looks too- its very sharp- all platinum.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, very nice offer you got there..

I also have this card for about 3 months now and Citi offer me 5.99% APR for 6 months and standard APR is 15.24%, I think it's high. Anything over 13% APR is high for me..I'm waiting for the CLI to show up somewhere so i can click it..

Message 4 of 6
rom828
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new card! Smiley Happy

How many other cards did any of you have when you apped and what were their  balances?    Just curious to see where citi stands on utilization.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 5 of 6
tray
Valued Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Congrats on the new card! Smiley Happy

How many other cards did any of you have when you apped and what were their  balances?    Just curious to see where citi stands on utilization.

4 credit cards/ 5 store cards/ 1 charge card 1% utilization on eq ( I don't carry high balances)

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.