Valued Contributor
bs6054

Re: IRS 4506T - American Express and Others

Walt_K wrote:

This thread says Citi requested one: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-More-Approved-Citi-thank-you-4506t/m-p/1372447...

That's interesting.  Looks like this was during the application process, rather than after freezing the account of an existing customer.   Personally doing it at app time makes much more sense to me!  Still pretty intrusive of course.

Established Contributor
cashnocredit

Re: IRS 4506T - American Express and Others

Amex charge card users run a significantly higher montly multiple than Visa or MC users. Just from that pov Amex would be expected to do more FRs.

Also, Amex has a much deeper FR history. Probably enough to be able to correlate card usage with tax returns of the same year so after accumulating lots of statistical data they are likely better able to make credit extension decisions (which also means extending more credit than others) than their banking competitors that depend on CRA data alone.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}