Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT TRUE THE CAPITAL ONE BOUGHT HSBC

tag
arredondo3417
Valued Member

IS IT TRUE THE CAPITAL ONE BOUGHT HSBC

So. I wOnder if is gonna be easier to get credit cards like bestbuy which I'm sure was HSBC was or us te issuer capital one has more generous credit lines and oppurtunitys for credit of all types. Does anyone knows if this is true it's crazy how capital one will buy it
Seedling:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: IS IT TRUE THE CAPITAL ONE BOUGHT HSBC

You posted it in the wrong section. HSBC does not issue generous CL, just like Capital One.

Message 2 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Partially TRUE.  Capital One has bought the CC business, co-branded, Orchard, Household.   

They did not buy the bank and some of the HSBC Logo will remanin with HSBC, if you have an HSBC checking account.

I have found Capital One to be more generous that HSBC with CL. YMMV.

Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Called a credit analyst at hsbc  bb yesterday and they are now hoping to covert  cards in May  guess we will see

Message 4 of 7
arredondo3417
Valued Member

I also agree capital one is more generous to give higher credit lines. Just saying Smiley Happy
Seedling:
Message 5 of 7
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Depends on the type of HSBC card you have. They offer very good credit limit increases cause they gave me $3K starting limit in November and last month they gave me a $1500 credit limit increase on my best buy store card. If your stuck with a Orchard Card with high AF or a Best Buy MasterCard yeah your probably not gonna get limit increases.

I haven't had a credit limit increase from capital one in over 4 years and i will not take a HP to get one either.

Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@arredondo3417 wrote:
So. I wOnder if is gonna be easier to get credit cards like bestbuy which I'm sure was HSBC was or us te issuer capital one has more generous credit lines and oppurtunitys for credit of all types. Does anyone knows if this is true it's crazy how capital one will buy it

It is true, i'm very curious to see how they are going to treat current customers coming from HSBC already.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.