Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

I wonder if there is somebody in this forum who's new to the credit card world and whose credit history is just over 6 or 9 month who got recently approved for a decent credit card  !!

if so can you plz tell what's your score and which card & and what CL you got approved for

as always, thanks to all of you !

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS YOUR SCORE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD ?

My EQ report is on the young side. Average age is 9 months but I do have a couple of cards over a year now. Score is 706.

Citi pulls EQ for me and won't approve me for a card. BoA has been great. They approved with little history.  Chase turned me down several times for short history, but I called the number that is stickied at the top in the backdoor numbers and got them to push an app through, finally.

Now, I just need to let everything age.

I have an account reporting on TU and EX that is 22 years old, so, it helps those out a bit.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ is fairly new as well. This is what i did i apped for a circuit city mc by chase then in 3 months product changed to the chase freedom plus. CL is $2000. EQ fico was 713. I also think Best Buy only pulled EQ  for me and approved with CL of $2500.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first credit card in Oct 07.

It was a Capital One with a $300 limit. I recently applied for and got approved for a Chase gas card (still waiting for it in the mail) and Paypal buyer's credit $400.

That's pretty much it. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first card in February of 08 with a 500 dollar CL.  Got approved for my second card, an Amex Green last week.  EXP 709.  Good luck!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

my total history is 6months got ppplus cc   and macys   400   orchard 300  scores 700s
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 8 months total history - Discover opened in 2/08 with $1000 limit (now $1250) and Cap.One opened 4/08 with $500 limit (now $1050).

A couple weeks ago I was approved for Chase Freedom - $2000 limit - asked for CLI at activation and it got raised to $5000!  I was shocked Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 8 months total history - Discover opened in 2/08 with $1000 limit (now $1250) and Cap.One opened 4/08 with $500 limit (now $1050).

A couple weeks ago I was approved for Chase Freedom - $2000 limit - asked for CLI at activation and it got raised to $5000!  I was shocked Smiley Happy

thats great  is that student cards .

discover is the hardest credit card to get in the usa

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thats great  is that student cards .

discover is the hardest credit card to get in the usa

I *think* that I did apply as a student when I applied for the Discover card.  HOWEVER looking at the Discover website, I don't see a student application for the Open Road card, so I'm not quite sure how I accomplished this. 

I know I clicked from a link on another site (which searching around for cards to attempt to apply for).  And I definitely applied for (and received) the Open Road card, as opposed to the normal "student" Discover card which has the "More" rewards rather than "Open Road."  I do think I filled in school information on the application though.  So most likely it was a student card, but I'm just not sure how I stumbled upon it.  Smiley Happy

The Cap One seems like possibly a middle-of-the-road (or lower) one, not student specifically though...  It's called "Platinum" but it appears that there are 50 different Cap One cards called Platinum so I don't think that really means anything.  The #1 thing is that I applied for and received one with no annual fee.

The Chase Freedom card is a "real" one though, nothing student about it, so that was particularly exciting Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 7 months of credit. the cards i have currently are citi student card(drivers edge)/$3000, chase circuit city visa/$5000, chase freedom/$3500, discover/$1500 and capital one/$750. i also have two retail store cards, macys and bloomingdales(same company...... if you get one you can get the other).
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.